Chapter Six

Amelia snuck around the bend in the hallway, walking duck-style in the shadows as her robes formed an odd circle around her on the ground. She motioned Terence forward, who sighed and walked forward, the perfect bait for a Weasley attack.

Amelia would never trust the Weasleys.... partially because of Ron, who was stupid, and partially because she didn't want to. She was naturally suspicious of what "blood traitors" were like, and while deep down she kind of wanted to be friends with them, she forced herself to make enemies with them. From what she had heard of Harry and Draco, Gryffindors and Slytherins weren't meant to get along.

The Slytherin girl was certain that the Weasleys were going to prank her again on the way to the Great Hall. She was sort of looking forward to it, to see what they were going to so, but at the same time she was apprehensive as she snuck along the wall.

She saw Terence enter the Great Hall with a shrug, going straight towards his dinner at the Slytherin table. Her eyebrows furrowed as she wondered why the twins hadn't fallen for it. They were only two years older than her, that didn't mean that they were geniuses.

They're pranking geniuses, her mind told her.

"Shut up." She said aloud.

As if cued, two voices came around the bend behind her. Amelia shrank back into the shadows (pulling her robes with her) as the twins sailed past her and into the Hall. However, right as they entered, George turned and winked at her before they hurried in.

Amelia felt taken aback. What were those two playing at?

--

"Is everybody here?" Emma Wespurt whispered, her wand raised in case they weren't.

"Here." Lilah Pomfrey responded.

"Here." The others whispered.

"Lumos." Emma whispered. A small sea of whispers echoed her command as nine wand tips lighted up in the dark library.

"Okay." Adrian whispered. "We're here. Now what?"

"We vote on a freaking name already." Amelia grumbled.

"Epic Dueling Society?" Lilah asked.

Zero hands went up.

"I have an idea." Larissa volunteered. "What about The Epics?"

Every hand went up, including her own.

"Majority wins." Amelia cheered quietly. "Okay, so now what? What was the purpose of this club anyway?" She stared at her friend.

"We can't really do much as a private group." Lilah admitted. "Isn't the purpose of this club to make friends?"

"What if it's to help other people, and give support and stuff? Like, if somebody is struggling we'll help them." Charlotte suggested. "Also, we could be the official party-throwers."

"That makes sense." Amelia admitted. "I mean, excluding Terence and Adrian we're all first years, correct?"

"Emma, Lilah and I are all second years." Charlotte admitted. "But we can still be a club... the nine of us, right?"

"And who knows... maybe in the future, we'll grow." Larissa thought aloud.

"We need a president and vice president." Terence voiced his idea.

"Can I be president?" Emma asked timidly. "I mean, I'm not the oldest, but..."

"I'll be vice president, then." Larissa decided.

"Why don't we let Neville be vice president?" Amelia asked suddenly.

Larissa stared at her best friend. Her short, boy-like black hair and extremely tanned face didn't twitch in a joking manner... she was being completely serious.

"Sure." Charlotte put an arm around her cousin's suddenly tense shoulders. "Why not?"

"Somebody should be secretary." Terence reminded them.

"I can do that." Adrian volunteered.

"Treasury?"

"That'll be me." Amelia nodded. "What's the Treasury again?"

"Taking care of funds for parties and such." Terence explained. "Also, we need a pet or something to carry messages around."

"Why a pet?" Emma inquired. "Why can't we use magic or something like that?"

"We can." Larissa said slowly, then jumped around as her idea became fully realized to something. "Magical paper airplanes!"

Amelia stared at her friend. "Ma'am, I think you've finally lost it."

"No, no, no." Larissa shook her head. "You're missing the point. Wasn't there some spell in the Tales of Beedle the Bard?"

"You mean the Summoning Charm?" Terence asked.

"Yeah, that. Well, if there's a Summoning Charm, shouldn't there be a Going-Away Charm, too? And one to make things seal?"

"And one to make me fly around?" Amelia shook her head. "Larissa, you're thinking to much."

"There actually is-" Adrian started, but Neville cut them off with a pale face (which was even paler than normal) and a sharp hiss.

"Filch!" He hissed.

Immediately, the lights went off. None of them had been aware of Mrs. Norris's looming presence, but now they could hear Filch's footsteps coming nearer. Hastily, the club adjoined, and Neville - in all the excitement - forgot the password back to the dorm rooms.

--

"I can't believe you right now." Amelia shook her head slowly. "You actually did this?"

Adrian, with pride, showed off his paper airplanes. "It wasn't that hard. I just asked Professor Snape if there was a spell for magical paper airplanes."

"Bloody hell." Amelia whistled appreciatively.

"Amelia!" Larissa protested.

"And look here." Terence tapped the paper with his wand. Suddenly, letters appeared. "Concealment Charm. Brilliant, right?"

"Aye, Pucey, what've you got there?" Draco leaned across the table, his expression one of pure curiosity.

"What does it look like, whitehead?" Amelia snapped. "A dodo bird? It's a paper airplane."

"Nothing's ever just a paper airplane, Julis." He sneered. "Haven't your years of magical life taught you that?"

Amelia leaned back against the wall, frustrated into silence. Draco smirked. "Y'know, Amelia, your ears turn up when you're angry."

Amelia started twitching, making Draco chuckle and turn back to his own conversation. Larissa laid a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder.

"He's right, y'know." Terence commented. Amelia deflated, her cheeks turning bright red.

"Fine." She muttered, crossing her arms.