Chapter 6

We wake at dawn to the sound of seagulls- loud, rather annoying seagulls. I feel him move slightly at the noise, knowing he's up as well. We're still on the chair, wrapped in each other and nothing else. The broken material of my nightgown is crunched together underneath my body, uncomfortably. I pull one of my arms away from his chest and pull down on the strap, releasing myself from one side of the material.

He hums and rests a hand on my bare hip, pulling me close into him. I look up sleepily at him, squinting in the sun and find his eyes still closed.

"We're going to burn if we stay out here," I whisper softly, running a hand over his chest. He hums, nodding, eyes still closed. My fingers run up his neck, searching and come upon his lips, parting them softly with my touch.

I smile at the perfect shape of them- I've known many models, male and female, and have never come across a pair of lips like Stellan's. His mouth curves as I continue to caress his face, gazing at his beautiful features, unable to help myself.

His eyes open slowly and pierce my skin, his gaze always intense. His fingers tighten against my flesh and I close my eyes slowly at the touch of his lips against mine. It's gentle and slow but tender and sweet. When he pulls back, there's a small smile on his face.

"Let's go to bed."

"To sleep?"

He chuckles sleepily and moves to sit up, detangling from me. "Let's see."

I take his hand, letting the rest of the nightgown fall to the ground beside his briefs as I stand in the warm yellow and pink sun. We move at a glacier pace back to the bedroom- his side is the only spot moved, the covers pulled back neatly.

I blush slightly upon remembering the events of last night- the predicament in which he found me outside. We climb in together and pull back the covers, getting under, already reaching for the other. I smile comfortably as his arms come around my body and his hands tangled into my messy hair, his head rested against mine.

I don't want to leave this spot. I don't think he does either. My lips press softly to his chest with feeling and moments later, his lips answer back against my hair.

And we drift back to sleep.

...

"Tell me about your parents," I murmur softly against my hand, flat on my stomach. He stares at me, his face rested against a pillow and smiles softly. The day turned fast- our plans for going inland were ruined as a storm approached at noon. So instead, we've spent the day in bed, talking sweetly, getting to know each other.

It's the kind of day I've always hoped to have with him but have never gotten the chance.

"What do you want to know?"

"Tell me a story about them. Something no one knows."

"A story no one knows... Well, uh, let me think..."

I squirm with anticipation, giving him my full attention.

"Okay, well we lived in a relatively small town- literally everyone knew each other and everything about each other there."

"Ah, that kind of place... I've always wondered how it would be to live in a place like that."

He smiles. "In my case, it wasn't good."

"Trouble maker, were you?"

His answering smile says it all. "My junior year, at the end of the school year, it was a huge thing to prank the principal. He literally expected something awful every June. This year, I was the Guinea pig and naturally, I wasn't going to turn down the chance to impress everyone."