Part 35

Epilogue

Blake shifted his brother from one hand to the other.  Looking down at Korbin, he smiled.  “If you get any bigger, I won’t be able to carry you anywhere.”

Korbin sent him a glare before wiggling.  “Let me down.”

“Wait,” Amaya said in a loving tone, as soon as she began talking, Korbin stopped his movements.  “As soon as we get into the cabin, we’ll let you go.  With all these people around,” she stated while motioning towards all those who had come to pay respects to Ally, “we don’t want you to get lost.”

“Who would have thought there would be this many people,” Blake mumbled.

Amaya grabbed his free hand.  “It’s a baby shower. Anyone who has any kind of connection with Ally will be here.”

They stepped up the cabin stairs, but before they could enter, the doors were flung open. “Blake!”

He let out a laugh as Sydney threw herself at him, squishing Korbin in the process.  Korbin took the chance to get away and wiggled away from Blake before running into the crowd.  “It’s good to see you.”

“You too,” Sydney mumbled. 

She pulled away with a smile, but frowned once she realized an absence.  “Where’s Korbin?”

Blake looked into the crowd and groaned when he saw his brother talking to Barron.  The two were too close for comfort. If Blake weren’t careful, pretty soon, Korbin would be twirling knives.  “Over there.  As much as I hate to admit it, he’ll be alright as long as he’s by Barron.”

“The man gives me the creeps,” Sydney mumbled, “and I’ve been around him a lot.  The only ones he doesn’t seem to bother are Ally and Zeke.”

“They’re their own people though,” Amaya said with a laugh.  “I would be surprised if Barron did bother them.”

The three of them nodded thoughtfully.  It was true.  If there was a person that gave either Ally or Zeke the creeps, they were in trouble.  An arm snaked around Sydney’s waist, making Blake smile.  “Hey, Isaac.”

Isaac smiled back in answer.  “You two finally together?” he asked motioning between the two of them.

Blake nodded.  “You finally get rid of that human boyfriend?”

“Yep,” Isaac replied, the once friendly smile turning evil.  “The man didn’t know what hit him.”

Sydney smacked him in the stomach, making him loose a breath.  “He didn’t do anything.  The human ex moved on before I even had time to break it off.”

“That is the bad thing about human relationships,” Amaya whispered while grabbing onto Blake’s hand, “they end too easily.”

Isaac nodded.  “Sorry to break up the talk, but we have to leave soon.  Have to give Ally her gifts before we head out.  Leo wants to talk.” Blake raised an eyebrow in question, but the man just shrugged.  “I’m dating his sister now, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t as close as brothers.”

“Kinda makes you really brothers now,” Amaya said in amusement before nodding in Ally’s direction.  “Go give her your gift. We’re going to mingle.”

The two of them walked away with purpose in their stride.  He watched as they stopped in front of Ally before turning towards Amaya.  “You think she’ll like what we got her?”

“I don’t know if she will even know what they are,” Amaya joked. “Did you forget that she came from somewhere very similar to where I was raised?”

“I didn’t forget,” Blake mumbled.

“Blake! Amaya!” someone called out, and he immediately knew it was Ally. 

“Wait, let me,” Amaya mumbled before nodding.  “Okay, got it.”

Tugging on Amaya’s hand, he pushed past the guards that surrounded Ally.  Before any of them could say a word, Amaya thrust the box at Ally.  “Open it!”

Ally tugged on the ribbon with a large smile on her face, and as the lid rose, she let out a laugh.  “Collars?  You bought them collars?”

Blake chuckled at her.  “They’re not collars.  Look,” he flipped it, allowing her to see the names etched on the other side.  “They’re baby anklets.  This way, if they all look alike, Seb can tell them apart.”

“Hey,” Sebastian grumbled, narrowing his eyes slightly, “I’ll be able to tell the difference.”

“Sure you will,” Blake said with a chuckle as he pulled Amaya closer.  “Just don’t argue with Ally when she tells you your holding Jesse and not Zoë.” They all laughed at his comment, but when he saw the expression on Ally’s face, his laughter stopped.  “I know you didn’t want to have this get together until Zeke got back, but he should be here any minute.  It’s been exactly two weeks since you sent him away.  We both know he won’t stay gone for any longer than that.”

She nodded as her eyes turned towards the doorway.  As soon as Blake followed her glance, he too saw Zeke stalk through the crowd with a glare on his face, and a little girl holding onto his hand.  Nudging Amaya, he nodded to the side.  “Let’s go over there.”

“Good idea,” Amaya whispered as they walked away slowly. 

The stood back and watched as everything played out.  Blake smiled as Ally rose to her feet, and he immediately knew what was going on.  Ally was having her babies.  What he didn’t expect was for Korbin to slide up beside him and motion towards the door.  “Mine.”

“Korbin,” Blake started while shaking his head, “you can’t.”

His brother sent him an expression that let Blake know the little boy thought he could do anything he wanted too.  “I’ll be strong enough.”

“We know you will, Korbin,” Amaya said with a smile, “but you can’t claim someone unless they want to be claimed.”

Korbin shrugged and turned his eyes back to the door.  Letting out a sigh, Blake turned to Amaya.  “I have something for you.”

“What is it?” she asked in excitement, smiling up at him.

He fidgeted in his back pocket before he pulled out what he was looking for.  Placing it in her palm, he watched as she ran her fingers around it with a confused expression before finally mumbling, “A key?”

“Yeah,” Blake said, closing her fist around it, “a key.  It belonged to my parents, but it went to me in their death.”

“A key?  You got a key when they died.”

He pressed a kiss to the side of her neck, right where his mark was.  “A house, I got a key to the house that is now ours.”

She let out a breath filled with shock. “But, Blake.”

“It’s not far away,” he whispered, knowing what she was going to protest too.  “A couple hours at most.  We don’t have to move there now.  I just want you to know that I don’t plan to stay here forever.  We can have a life of our own.  Just because I’m Ally’s enforcer, that doesn’t mean that I can’t have a life of my own.”

“Okay,” she whispered, “but not yet.  I don’t want to leave yet.” She pulled back slightly. “I think until we are sure everything is safe, we need to stick together.  Ally means a lot to both of us, and her children will too.  We need to stick together.”

Stepping behind her, he pulled her backwards.  His arms wrapped around her waist as she rested her head on his chest.  Hearing the cries from the back of the cabin, he smiled.  “Looks like they are healthy.”

She nodded before pressing his hand against her stomach.  “Someday.”

“Someday,” he echoed as the room filled with laughter.  Someday, he would have his own children to take care of.  Someday, he would have his own family to worry about, but for now, he was content with what he had, because Amaya was right.  They needed to stick together until they were completely sure all the danger was gone.

**The End. YasminK95 made the amazing cover on the side! The next book in the series is titled Her Pact, Zeke's story :) ***