Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of thunder and lightening I've always hated thunder and lightning since I was a small child, my mother always came into my room when it was like this and rubbed my back then she would give me warm milk. And read me a story but she's not sure anymore the one person who loved me who said that she still loved me when I first, came out that I was gay we used to baked treats all the time together even dad would join us and it would be great just the three of us I miss that family time the thunder cracked louder than before I felt like a little kid crying like this, I was 17 for crying out loud I sighed and grabbed my pillow and blanket then I walked out the door I couldn't go to Dad's and Emma's room that would have been weird. So I went to Mike's room walking inside this was so weird of me to do this sort of thing he's going to think I'm freaking weird for doing this but I was, scared I went inside his room and shook him awake he woke up and saw me with my blanket "Chris what's wrong?" U-umm can I s-stay in here just for t-tonight?" I felt, a blush on my face ugh why was I blushing? This guy was going to be my step brother soon and I keep getting flustered over him." Sure Chris come on in" he scooted back to make room for me and I got in the bed the thunder made another sound that shook the house I quickly buried my face into Mike's shirt I blushed realizing what I did I looked up at him blushing bright red," I-I am sorry about that M-Mike" It's ok Chris you're afraid of thunder so it's ok I'll protect you since your my little brother" he smiled and wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe being with Mike for some reason I cuddled into him feeling warm and protected going to sleep peacefully.