Unequally Yoked

Christmas, 1985

I

I sat in his bed feeling stupid. Wondering what made me come this time. The glare of the television flashed against the white wall casting a bluish shadow. I turned it on to raise my spirits, but I could only think of him.

It was the same thing every time. First, he'd ask me to come by. Then, I would have to wait until he decided to come. The same waiting game was repetitive. I had to wait whenever we decided to get together. I hated that I was so weak. But I couldn't go without it.

Sure there was another man, that was better. I just couldn't find him.

It was definitely over. His show, that is. 1:12am and he still hadn't showed. I sat there in mental silence wondering if he knew the power he had over me. Even though I knew he did, that's why he wasn't here, when he said he'd be.

In that moment his condo was the loneliest place in the world.

My hand clutched my keys. I thought about taking the key he gave me off the ring. If I did, I wouldn't just lay it on the bed. I'd go outside to key in one of his precious cars. Probably the Thunderbird his dad gave him.

Stupid. Was the feeling I had as I drifted off into a brief slumber. Only to be woke by Lady's barking. I heard the jangle of a key in the front door. I knew it was him.

"Joy?" he smirked, walking through the open bedroom door. He knelt down to pet Lady on her head.

"What took you so long?"

"I was out with the band."

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Then why are you in my bed?" He said, sexy laughter in his voice.

I didn't respond, I rolled my eyes instead, trying to hide the hurt I was feeling.

"I was with them, now I'm with you." He said, crawling across the bed, pecking my forehead.

I squirmed under him, the slight smell of sweet wine resonated from his lily pink lips.

"You missed me, huh?"

"No." I lied weakly.

He grinned wickedly, knowing I was lying as I often did.

"Then why are you here?"

"Fuck you." I seethed.

"Come on then." He flicked his tongue over my spot, right behind my right ear.

"Why do you keep doing this?" I struggled trying to push him away. He was to heavy.

"Doing what Joy, this?" He nibbled on the same spot, causing me to moan against my will.

"Stop playing dumb."

"Ok, what is it? Why 'you mad?" He said, jumping off me, to sit beside me cross legged. His budding erection, very visible.

I adjusted myself, wiping his saliva away, choosing to ignore the heat between my legs.

"Because, you keep doing this to me. It's like you don't care."

"Doing what?"

"I left my family's Christmas dinner to come here."

"You said you wanted to see me."

"You weren't here." I raised my voice getting tired of his coyness.

"I was on my way."

"You weren't, don't lie. I've been here three hours. It's like this every time. You don't give a shit about me"

"That's a lie. You sit here and talk to me like I ain't shit everyday and I let you. And I don't have to take shit from nobody."

"Here you go again, trying to throw you little ass weight around. You don't let me do anything I'm grown. I'm so sick of you."

He sighed aloud. "Then leave."

"Excuse me?" I asked arching an eyebrow, sounding hurt.

"Then leave. You don't want me, then leave."

"I guess it's like your family says we're unequally yoked." His voice was laced with hurt and sarcasm, as he pointed to the door. "Leave."

My heart hit the floor, and I was having a hard time picking it up. As I began to slide off the bed. I slid my purse's strap around my shoulder from the side table.

2016 ©Britt808

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So you've probably noticed I'm going for a different approach with this one. It's more light and playful than If It's Easy -Brittney

 It's more light and playful than If It's Easy -Brittney