Chapter 28.| I'll say 'I Love You.'

Începe de la început

°☆

Just as I was about to start heading into the kitchen, someone begins to knock on the door. Being the closet one to the door I answer it. "Hiromi, good evening." I greet the familiar face.

"Good evening to you as well. Soma-kun by any chance is Kaoru here?" She asks with a smile on her face.

"Kaoru?" 'What would she be doing here?'

"No,I'm sorry she not here." The smile on her face is quickly replaced with a worried expression.

"Shit." She whispers the curse word under her breath. From across the street she yells. "Henry! Code RED!" As soon as the words leave her mouth. Henry come rushing out to meet her,with a phone in hand dialing a couple numbers then to his ear the two meet between the street and talk to one another.

"She's not here,Henry." He quickly hangs up the phone and swipes his fingers a couple of times on the screen before he says. "The GPS on her phone isn't working either." He runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "I swear this child going to be the death of me."

Before I could add my two cents the two servants disappeared into thin air not literally but you know what I mean. I close the door deciding weather I should help or follow the advice that I was told. I spot Fumio-san exiting the place I was just about to enter as soon as she sees me she says.

"Soma,did Kaoru come see you already?"

'Again, Kaoru...'

"Fumio-san what are you talking about?" I ask her trying to get more information.

"Kaoru,she came here a couple minutes ago and she said something about wanting to return an item to you."

"Do you know what it was?"

"Mhmm..Ah!" She smacks her fist against the palm of her hand. "She was holding a black box with her."

' a few minutes ago..!'

My heart sinks remembering the dropping sound I heard when I caught Megumi from falling. 'Was it her?' She could have misunderstood that's why she left in a hurry.

°☆
That's bring us to our current situation, I couldn't bring myself to concentrate on anything but her Fumio probably guess it because see kicked me out and said she handle the rest. I walked across the street and talked to Hiromi and ask what had happened. She said Kaoru suddenly disappeared they didn't know where she was either, Hiromi also had told me she had been gone for more then thirty minutes now. Which made me a bit uneasy.

Before it knew it I began to frantically search for her..again.

I call Kaoru's phone for what seemed the hundredth time today but she never seemed to answer my calls.

I begin tapping my foot on the cement, I feel a moment of relief when the call finally connects. "Kaoru.." I say with a sense of urgency but no response.

I check my phone to make sure the call is connected just as I was about to call out her name again I hear a faint breath of air coming from her. "Soma.." Her voice sound hoarse and weak. 'She been crying..'

"Where are you?!"

"Ah..I don't know. Somewhere in a forest where the trees surround a field of flowers." Then the call cuts off.