Chapter Eighteen

Alex's POV:

I watched from the living room as Niall eyed James' mother up and down.

I just wanted to walk over there and punch her.

Yeah, I'm obviously jealous! I still love Niall!

Why is it that my emotions have to make everything so difficult? I love Niall, I just don't know if I can be with him again.

Niall continued to stare at James' mother and I just couldn't stand it anymore.

My blood boiled with jealousy as I walked over to the door, linking arms with Niall and smiling at the unfortunately good looking woman standing in front of me.

"Hi there. I'm Alex, Lea's sister." I put my had out for her to shake.

"Elise. Nice to meet you." Elise shook my hand.

"My parents are away at the moment, but will be here later on. So my boyfriend and I will be watching the kids. Is that okay with you?" I smiled.

Niall chuckled to himself and I elbowed his side, still smiling. He played along and wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my temple.

God I missed this.

"That's fine. Mommy will pick you up later, James. I love you. Give mommy a kiss." Elise bent down in front of James and he kissed her cheek and ran into the house.

"I'll be back to pick him up in three hours?"

"Sure. Bye!" I waved and closed the door.

"So you're my girlfriend again?" Niall raised an eyebrow at me.

"N-No."

Why did I have to get so jealous? Now look at the mess I'm in!

"Then what was the point of that?"

"C-Cause... She was annoying me." I shrugged.

Great answer.

"If that's what you want to think." Niall winked, walking into the living room.

I stomped my foot and followed after him.

Lea and James were out in the backyard, so I went out there and sat on our couch swing thing.

Niall came out and sat beside me.

"They're so going to grow up to be best friends." I smiled.

"Yeah. I see them getting married." Niall nodded his head.

"What? Married? To your best friend?" I asked.

Who would marry their best friend. They're like a brother/sister to you! Ew!

"Well, if you truly care for that person... They could be your soul mate." Niall shrugged.

"Maybe in your mind, but not in mine. That's like me marrying Liam!" I shuttered at the thought.

"If you're going to marry any member of One Direction, please let it be me." Niall grinned.

"Ugh! You never give up, do you?" I groaned.

"Nope. Not until you're mine again. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm in love with you, Alex."

"I'm just not ready, Niall. Please understand that."

I got up and walked away, going to play with the kids.

I know they're much more mature than Niall.

"No! Go play with Niall!" Lea whined.

"Seriously? You don't have time to play with your sister?" I said sarcastically.

"Niall is alone. Play with him."

I rolled my eyes and turned around, only to see mum and dad standing at the door.

"Hey. We missed you!" I hugged them both.

"Hey, Alex... Can I talk to you upstairs for a second?" Mum asked.

"Uh... Yeah, sure." I followed her upstairs.

This can't be good.

(A/N):

Ha

Ha

Ha

I really am sorry xD

1000+ votes for next chapter? God knows I don't deserve it though xD