Chapter 8

"Ow, ow, ow! I yell at my physical therapist "Are you sure it can bend that way yet?"

"I know it's painful but you really need to hold still if you want to get better. Ok?"

"Ok, I understand."

A couple minutes later the session is over and I'm putting my shoes and socks back on. It's been a about two months now and I'm still having to check in with the doctors and see a physical therapist regularly.

"Well Jennifer, you're definitely improving." Mr. Jessie said "I'll give it about two more weeks and then you should be good to go."

"Sweet! Thanks Mr. Jessie see you Wednesday."

"Hey mom! I shout to her as I'm walking out towards the car "Mr. Jessie said I should only have about two more weeks a physical therapy left."

"That's great honey! Maybe if you get better in time you can join the team this season. But you woul still have to take it easy." 

"That would be great!"

We start to drive out of the parking lot and head towards the super market to pick up some groceries. As we're walking in I happen to see my coach.

"Hey coach, how's it going?" I ask 

"Oh hey Jennifer! I'm doing great. What about you, feeling any better?

"Much better."

"Gald to hear it, will you be able to join the team this year?"

"Maybe." My mom answers for me "We'll have to see what the doctor says."

"Ok, well I hope to see you there. Bye guys!"

"See you later coach!"

"Jenna?" my mom asks "What if the doctor says no more running? Then what are youo going to do?

"Why, is that a possibility?"

"Well, yeah you have a chance that he might say that."

"Wait what? Really? Well then I wouldn't know what to do with my life....."