I need more time! “A lot of girls would kill to be here with me.” I stated matter-of-factly not trying to really imply anything of any sorts but get her to appreciate what she had – something she came across not knowing what to do. Looks like I’m going to have to be her sensei for a while.

“Trust me Dylan, I would give this spot up with no gore or blood.” Cam raised her hand to a stop sign to assure me making me only stiff a laugh. “Are you going to tell me what you want? Cause I seriously would like to find out about what Gabe was going to tell me. I don’t know if you have noticed or not, but he is fine.” She gave me a thumbs up. Something flickered in me for a second before dissolving.

“Believe it or not, but no I haven’t noticed how ‘fine’ he is.” I quoted now dropping my hands into my trousers moving it a little further away from my body trying to control something in my pants. I heard the clash in our accents in that second. I didn’t take big notice of her American accent before more than I had on the first day hearing her pronounce some of the words differently, but I could really hear it with a more developed conversation with her. The weirdest thing however was that she wasn’t acting differently than at the night in the café or the park. She was acting like Cam. There was something about that that had me losing myself in her voice before I noticed she was heading back to the door.

“Ok! Wait!” I called touching her arm on her blazer sleeve. “I just wanted to say sorry about the whole jail thing and I wanted to thank you properly and since you won’t take me up on the thought of tutoring you.” I placed my finger on her lips only lightly seeing that she was about to start the fight of the day. “Then how about dinner tonight? Anything. I owe you a lot Cam, you must have gotten into a lot of shit because of me.” For a second there was something fizzing between us that was starting to become really weird. I dropped my hand from her shoulder before she was saying it herself. I was only hoping for a good answer.

Scanning my standing body shielding the litter I had left behind the sofa Cam started weighing out her options. It was as if I could literally see the gears in her head spinning round like a clock. My mother usually tells me that when I’m deep in thought about something and deciding I bite my tongue making my jaw clench. There was no sign of this in Cam meaning that she much have another flick but for now I didn’t see anything worth taking a note of.

“We’re both grounded.”

“I think I can cut myself loose for you. Think you’d do the same?” I fired back when she stated the obvious. When she said that I wasn’t sure if to take it as a rejection of a subtle ‘no’ or an invitation to make me prove to her that I wanted to go with her. She was now running her fingers through her long strands narrowing her bright eyes to show her eyelashes again.

“Can I go now?” She asked. Hey eyes were screaming ‘take a hint’ but I’m not that type of guy.

“I owe you that much.” I pointed out neatly only making her sigh and run her hands through her hair backwards letting out another gush of air.

She rose both of her hands to say stop before another breath off, “fine, if I let you, will you leave me the hell alone?”

That had me crack such a huge smile on my face from ear to ear nodding. Cam rolled her eyes saying, “pick me up tonight at 7. Don’t be late.” And with that mark she left the den entering into the real world as I stood there pumping my fist into the air like a total idiot. SUCCESS. The door suddenly cracked open making me freeze mid-air changing my action to scratching my back. Cam smiled pointing to the coffee table, “There’s a condom there.” I turned around to see its green packaging before realizing she was gone again. Oh Cam, the troubles you’re going to give me these two months.