Chapter 15

Marty’s POV

I had nowhere to go, but back to the motel I stayed at last night. The same one I promised myself I wouldn’t go back. I guess it’s easy to break promises to yourself, because it’s only you you’re letting down. The same man was at the desk like yesterday he seemed kind of shocked to see me.

“Hello again” he smiled. “Wasn’t expecting to see you here?”

I shrugged.

“Same room?”

I nodded “thanks.”

I handed him my card and he gave me the key to my room. The walk to my room was painful, the sooner I was there the better.

The room was the same as yesterday, untouched my glass of water left on the nightstand. I guess they really don’t clean their rooms after someone has left. The shower only spurted out cold water, I sighed getting under it soaking my body. I shivered at the temperature but remained there. I felt dirty and unwashed.

After the shower I kept on the same bra and knickers and got under the quilt. Sleep wouldn’t come to my dismay and I was left to lay there. What was I going to do now? I’ve met my twin and everything’s the same. He seemed so nice, but so confused. I wonder if my mum ever told him he has a twin. The connection we had was strong, nothing I’ve ever felt before. It’s like we were two halves of a whole.

A knock on my door caused my thoughts to disappear. I put on my top. wrapped the towel around my waist and went to the door. The man from earlier stood outside leaning on the door frame, my hand grabbed the wall.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“To see you of course, you going to invite me in?”

I think I was just sick in my mouth. This man repulses me.

“Me and my boyfriend are trying to sleep” I said coldly.

I shut the door only to have his hand hit it before it completely closed. The door swung open and he looked around my room.

“The pretty ones always are bad liars.”

“Please leave me alone.”

He pushed me in and shut the door behind him, my whole body panicked. He kept walking towards me. My feet went along with him as they moved away from him. I was cornered into the far wall, his body almost touching mine.

“Get away from me” I whispered.

His hand skimmed my face making me flinch. This only made him smile as his hand ran down my side. I watched his hand as it moved to the top of the towel I was wearing. I looked back up to him. My knee’s started to shake.

“Don’t be nervous” he said as he pulled the towel away from me.

I began to cry as his hands touched my back.

“Stop” I pleaded.

~ ~ ~ ~

I ran out of the room, sobs coming from my throat. I ignored everyone as they looked to see why I was crying. The man would catch me up if I didn’t stop running, I would never stop running from him. How long would he be left on the floor for? This is a time I was grateful to my dad for teaching me how to kick a man in the balls.

Where do I go now? Nowhere is open. Another call from Kalli appeared on my phone, could she help me? I decided to answer it as soon as I was far away from the motel.

“Marty you’ve had me worried sick” she shouted.

I couldn’t speak. It was so good to hear a familiar person’s voice, that didn’t want to hurt me or touch me in any way.

“Marty are you okay, are you crying?” she said.

“Kalli” I began to say but my crying took over.

“What happened, did you find your mum?”

“No” I cried.

“Oh Marty” the sadness from her tone made me cry more. “Come to London Marty, stay with me.”

“I can’t,” although I knew I had nowhere else to go.

“I’m not taking no for an answer. Don’t make me come and get you” she warned.

The first laugh I had given in what feels like forever came from my mouth.

“So are you coming, please say you are?”

“Okay” I agreed.

“Call me once you have got to London okay?”

“Yeah.”

“I really hope you’re okay Marty.”

“Me too” I whispered before I hang up on her.

I should have got off the train with her in the first place. I should never have come here, everything is so much worse. Maybe I could put this all past me and move on.

~ ~ ~ ~

The train journey was long and dull. Luckily it was less trains than the first time. No one spoke to me this time which made me happy. Well happy is an overstatement, I don’t think it is possible for me to show any remote signs of happiness at the moment. As I had some spare time before I got to London I rang Lily.

“Do you understand how worried I have been?” she shrieked.

“I’m sorry Lil. I’m fine don’t worry about me.”

“What’s happened, have you met her, do you know anything?”

“No I don’t” I lied.

Yes she was my best friend and I would never forget that. But this information I wanted to keep to myself.

“Don’t come home” she warned.

“Have they been looking for me? I asked.

“Yeah, I think they’ll put you as a missing person soon.”

“You can’t tell them where I am Lil, no matter what.”

“That’s the good thing about this Marty. I don’t know where you are.”

I smiled. In a way I got a sort of comfort from this. No one in this world knew where I was. I could just disappear and never come back.