Chapter Two- Flirting? Or Nah?

~Connor's POV~

We were about an hour into the ride, and Ricky was still sitting right next to me. Sam had gotten bored within five minutes and went into the bedroom area to- you guessed it, sleep. JC soon got bored too and went into the bedroom as well.

"So, this is actually happening." Kian said, sitting on the couch across from us, along with Trevor.

"Yeah. It's insane." I said.

I felt Ricky's eyes on me. I glanced over at him, and he looked away. We both blushed and I smiled, looking down.

"You know what," Trevor said. "I'm actually kinda tired myself." He stood up and looked at Kian.

Kian stood up too. "Yeah, me too. I think I'm just going to lay down for a minute." They both walked into the bedroom area, leaving me and Ricky alone.

Ricky stood up. "Oh, not you too." I fake pouted. "Does nobody want to hang out with me??"

Ricky smiled. "Relax, I'm just getting a snack. Want anything?" I shook my head and he disappeared into the kitchen for a moment before returning with an apple.

The bus suddenly lurched and sent Ricky falling again. And again he landed on me.

Ricky looked at me, a shocked look on his face. "Again, Ricky?" I smirked, locking my eyes with his.

He smiled. "Oops." He made no move to get up.

I was okay with that.

We stayed like this for a moment, his hand on my chest, his shoulder on mine, my arm around his back, our faces inches away.

I looked down at him, and I wanted to stay like this forever.

JC stumbled in from the bedroom, and Ricky quickly sat up. "You guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine." I said, smiling.

We were actually having a maybe-moment and Ricky might just like me and maybe I was about to find out but you came in and ruined it but it's cool we're fine.

"Was I interrupting anything?" He asked.

"Nope, you're fine." Ricky said.

"Okay good." He said, heading back into the bedroom.

Ricky sighed. "Damn it, you were actually kind of comfortable."

I smirked. "Well I'm still right here, you know."

Ricky blushed. "Well I am kind of tired, but maybe the couch would be a better option."

Connor laughed. "Okay then, might as well sleep while we can, huh?"

That night, we were getting into our first city too late for a show, so we were renting a hotel room for the night. Ricky and I were sharing a room (yes), Kian and Trevor were sharing a room, and Sam was on the couch.

Wait, didn't Trevor make the sleeping plans?

Ricky got up and moved to the other couch. "The only person sleeping in the bedroom is probably Sam anyway, so out here is better."

He laid down and I did too. Ricky stretched and closed his eyes.

"Night, Ricky." I said.

He laughed. "Good 'night', Connor."

After five minutes, he was out. I looked over at him, smiling. He looked so peaceful.

I closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep myself.

-=<•>=-

~Ricky's POV~

I woke up about an hour before we would get to our destination.

Connor was still asleep, and I decided not to wake him up until is was completely necessary.

I got up quietly and started making my way to the bedroom.

"...Ricky." Connor groaned, opening his eyes.

I turned around.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"No, you didn't wake me up." He stretched, sitting up.

God, his voice was so cute.  I died a little inside, knowing just how much I wish I could hear him every morning after he wakes up.

But I never will.

I must have looked upset at this realization, because Connor gestured next to him.  "Ricky, is everything okay?"

I sat down next to him.  "Yeah.  Everything's fine."

"Are you sure?  You don't look like yourself."  He looked at me, and something in his eyes made me lose a bit of control.

"Okay, yeah, something's going on." I sighed.  "But I can't tell you right now.  I promise, I'll tell you.  But I'm okay, really."

"Well, when you're ready, just know you can tell me anything.  I'm your friend and I'm here for you."

Right.  Just friends.  That's all we are.  That's all he wants to be.  That's all we'll ever be.

Connor gestured for a hug.  I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

Trevor stepped out as we pulled away.  "Hey, guys."

"Hey, Trev." I smiled, gesturing for him to sit down on the couch across from us.

"Hey, I'm going to go talk to Kian for a second.  I'll be right back."  Connor said, standing up and walking into the bedroom.

Trevor moved over next to me.  "Soooo, what happened?" He asked.

I blushed.  "I guess something happened.  But I don't think it was anything."

"Go on, tell Trevor." He said.  "I NEED DETAILS!"

"Shh, be quiet!"  I said, jerking my head toward the door to the bedroom.

"Oh don't worry.  You actually can't hear a thing from in there."

"Okay..." I sighed.  "I think we were flirting?  I don't know?"  I shrugged.

He gestured for me to elaborate.

"Well, I fell onto him again."

"Ricky!"  He laughed.  "Again?"

"Yeah.  But this time I didn't get up right away." I shook my head.  "I don't know.  I can't talk about it right now."

"Dude, he likes you." Trevor said.  "And I do ship it."

"He doesn't like me."  I said, looking down.

"Uhh, yeah he DOES." He said, putting a hand on my shoulder.  "I can tell."

"Okayyyy." I said, even though I didn't believe a word he said.

-=<•>=-

Okay I wrote another one.  I'm having a lot of fun writing this.  THE IDEAS ARE FLOWING GUYS.  And I'm just gonna keep writing till I can't think of anything more