Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

            I shed my clothes and get in the shower, turning the water all the way cold before sitting on the floor of the shower, bringing my legs to my chest, pressing my eyes into my knees, and crying the tears that go unheard.

∞        

            When I have finally cried all the tears out wash off, I get out and walk into the room. The light is still of and I glance at the red numbers of the alarm clock that is sitting beside his bed. It reads 2:30 and I sigh before going to my bag, grabbing a big t-shirt, underwear and a bra and a pair of sleeping shorts.

            I glance over my shoulder and find that I cannot see the bed so I am guessing he cannot see me. I keep my towel on as I slide on my underwear and bra before taking it off and reaching for the t-shirt.

            “At least buy me dinner first.” I hear him say softly, hearing the grin in his voice and I jump. I quickly throw the shirt over my head and pull it down, turning around a glaring at him.

            “You could have told me you were awake.” I tell him and I hear him chuckle.

            “I think you were hoping I was.”

            I glare at him through the darkness but I know he cannot hear it. I pull my shorts on quickly before going and sitting on the bed.

            My skin was ice from both the cold shower and the air conditioner that pumps through the vents.

            “Are you alright?” he asks me softly.

            I hesitate before answering and when I do my voice breaks slightly.

            “Yes.” I lie, my voice quivering. I feel the bed shift slightly and his hand is on my back. I pull away quickly as I stand to my feet.

            “Cameron…”

            “I don’t need your pity.” I tell him softly, my back still to him before I turn around. “I am already getting enough of it from your parents, everyone else, I don’t need it from you.”

            “I know.” He tells me softly.

            I can see his body through the darkness now that my eyes have adjusted and I can see his tan chest.

            “I didn’t mean to wake you up.”

            “You didn’t, I haven’t went to sleep.” He informs me and I sigh, sitting down on the bed, my elbows on my knees and head in my hands.

            Soon my back begins to ache and I lay back but he is closer than I thought and I end up bumping into him, our heads knocking together and we both groan, grabbing our heads before bursting into laughter.

            “Nice going there slick.” He tells me and I hit him lightly.

            “Shut up.” I laugh before laughing back down, my head on the crook of his shoulder and upper arm. He turns his head slightly and looks to me through the darkness before pressing a kiss to my forehead. I shut my eyes slightly before sliding up to rest on his chest and his arm winds around my waist, his hand sliding up my shirt so that his hands rest on my bare hip, where his thumb rubs circles on my skin.

            My eyes begin to feel heavy and soon they drift shut before I make them fly open quickly, not wanting them to close and me to fall asleep again, but the warmth of his body and the comfort of his hold is enough to make me tired again.

            We are quiet for a while before he shifts slightly.

            “Are you still awake?” I ask him.

            “Yes.” He says sleepily.

            Silence.

            “Wanna skip school tomorrow?” he asks me softly.

            “And do what?” I ask quietly.

            “I will come up with something.”

            And with that, I smile and his breathing slows and my skin tingles underneath his hand.

Hey there Guys!

Not going to have 2 updates tonight but hey, here is one! :) Sorry it isn't that long but you can expect another update tomorrow night! And who knows, maybe there will be two if I get into the writing roll I was on last night! :D

But anyways, just wanted to say thank you for all your comments and votes on the last chapter. I really love reading what you guys think of my story, it really gives me confidence and motivation for this story!

Also thank you for all the reads! With each of my updates, my reads sky rocker in such a short about of time, it is really exciting! So thank you guys for sticking with me on a story I had many doubts upon!

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday! :)

-Zoe