I looked around and saw Jean give him a sympathetic look. Scott looked down at his feet but I'm certain that he felt the same.

I turned back to Kurt. "Kurt, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Those kind of people don't like us. They're not even people to begin with.

"What about the people at the mall? They did not mind us." Kurt said. I gripped my jeans.

"I know. The world is changing but it still takes time. There's still others that treat us like we're dirt. Like scum on the bottom of their shoes. They don't want us to have a life like theirs. They don't want us to go to school, have friends, work, date, get married, have a family. Oh, the absolute horror if we have a family! More dangerous Mutants around the world!" I spoke the last sentences in angered sarcasm.

"Those type of people think that we don't deserve that. I understand that there are some mutants that are bad but there's most that are good too. They don't care though, because they'll still hate us and fear us. They see one part and immediately generalize all of us! It sucks!"

The space around all of us grew tight. I made the situation more upsetting and awkward.

Sadly, it was the harsh truth.

"I feel sorry for them." Kurt spoke to release the tight space. I turned to him as my eyebrows furrowed at his comment.

"Outside of the circus, people did not like me as much for who I am and how I look, so I pitied them."

"Why?" I asked in disbelief. He gave me a small smile.

"Because most of those people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes."

He looked at me with eyes of hope and optimism.

"I do see change, Wanda. It does not hurt to be hopeful at times." Kurt finished, before closing his eyes and continuing his prayer. He kept his hopeful smile on his face.

I looked forward to meet Jean's eyes. She gave me an assuring smile and a nod.

Maybe Kurt's right. Maybe we will see a time where mutants can fully get the respect we deserve. No judgements. No fear.

Just equals.

Hopefully it starts now.

-----

I looked out the helicopter window and saw a snowy and cold environment. Mountains upon mountains. Forward was a large concrete dam.

The pilot lowered the helicopter and entered an opening inside the dam.

"We look so far from home. What is this place?" I mumbled under my breath.

We ran out of the helicopter without us being seen, which meant that we had to leave the others for a little while. I felt a pang of guilt in my chest leaving my brother and the rest, even if it's just for a little while.

We hid behind a wall and saw the soldiers drag out Pietro, Hank, Raven, and Moira.

My eyes followed them and saw place that they were placed in a large room. Once the soldiers walked away that was our chance.