22

"Mom, Cecelia; Cecelia, this is my mom," Teddy introduced. He tried to act calm, but his insides were squirming with nervousness.

He had waited for Cecelia after school, and they walked to the diner where his mom worked.

"Hi, Mrs. Duchamp," Cecelia greeted brightly.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Cecelia," the blonde woman gushed. "And please, call me Ida."

"O-okay." Cecelia gave her a rather nervous smile.
_____

Cecelia recognized Teddy's mom the instant she saw her, and she was really surprised she hadn't known that the woman was his mother before.

She had seen her at some various school functions and around town, but she never really knew who she was.

"Teddy has told me so much about you," Mrs. Duchamp said, smiling.

Cecelia felt herself blush. "Really?" She glanced at Teddy, who was as red as a tomato.

"Moom," he groaned, quietly.

"Oh, good grief," his mom muttered under breath after receiving a warning glare from another waitress. She turned back to the kids and smiled. "I guess, I'm gonna have to take your orders now, or they're gonna get me for standing and talking."
_____

After they were done and had said goodbye to Teddy's mother, Teddy walked Cecelia home. About halfway through their walk, Teddy grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

Cecelia noticed that her dad's car was in the driveway. That was odd. "Um, Teddy, thanks for walking with me, but I think you're going to have to go now. I don't my dad getting all mad." Cecelia kissed his cheek.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then, I guess," he said.

He began to walk away, but he turned and ran back to her. "Um, I- I want you to hold onto something for me." He took off the dog tags that were pretty much always around his neck and handed them to Cecelia.

She looked at the tags and then back up at Teddy in disbelief. "Teddy-"

"Just take them. I guess, it's my way of asking you to go steady with me." He was looking at Cecelia, his eyes full of hope.

She smiled as she slipped the chain around her neck. "I guess this is my way of saying I'd be glad to."

They shared smiled that only kids in love can ever share, as Teddy slowly walked away backwards before stumbling around to look where he was going. Cecelia watched him as he left, the smile still on her face.

She glanced towards her house and sighed. She made her way to the door.

I'm sooo sorrryyy giiuyysss! I haven't updated in for-fucking-ever and I feel like so terrible, about as terrible as this chapter is.... I really just wanted to update for you lovely amazing wonderful peeps that read this. Thank loves!

The thing is is that my grandma's house has no wifi (fml) so I have to go to her work to get on which hasn't been very often. Oh well. I'll update when I can. I promise I'm not dead yet. M'kay.

~Mariah