Angelica was tugging Prince Joshua’s arm while Estelle tugged the other.  They had tossed the two men from Earth Kingdom to the side like they were day old bread.  I heard the prince laugh but even from my far seat I could feel the obvious discomfort that many men projected once objected to this type of flirtation. 

After, he managed to detangle himself from my sisters he handed both of them a diamond necklace.  My hand reached up to touch the one I was wearing that he gave me.  Something was up.

                I got off from my throne.  A man with an embossing of the Air Hunters on the front came up to me, asking to dance.  At least it wasn’t a slow dance so the man couldn’t get too touchy-feely.  I didn’t look at him.  For some reason my eyes kept wandering to Prince Joshua.  I shook my head focusing on the dance.  After it ended I nodded to the hunter walking back to my throne.

                The Prince intercepted me before I could reach my throne.  I looked at him crossing my arms in annoyance.  I lifted my head up, staring up into his hazel eyes with a twinge of anger.

                "What do you want?" I sighed, "I don't have time for this."

                "Then find time," Prince Joshua told me offering me his hand.  I stared at it like it was my death penalty.  I stared up at him again questioningly.

                I sighed again, heavily.  I took his had hesitantly like it was going to snap at me.  He placed his hands on my waist and I winced lightly.  I brought my hands up around his neck.  I refused to look up at his face.  His neck felt warm underneath my touch.  My nose twitched slightly.

                "How do you like the necklace I gave you?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows after finishing his question.

                "Jewelry isn't the way into a woman's heart," I told him stiffly, narrowing my eyes at him.  I stared at the space over his shoulder refusing to look at any part of him.  His brown hair blocked the right portion of my vision.

                "From my knowledge of women they do particularly enjoy fine baubles," the prince told me with such certainty it startled me.  He was such an annoyance to me.  He was generalizing all females based upon his 'knowledge' or women.

                "Your knowledge must be limited, because I cannot be bought with garish trinkets," I finally looked at him with an angry gaze. 

                We danced for a few more moments following the beats of the mandolin chords and drum beats.  After the dance was over, I inclined my head slightly at him then walked away stiffly.

                Suddenly, a hand clamped over my wrist.  The prince looked at me with intense hazel eyes.

                "Forgive me princess," he told me seriously, "I judged you based on others and that was wrong."  He looked at me seriously still gripping my wrist.  I was taken aback for a moment. Then I nodded my head at him.  I furrowed my eyebrows at him as I freed my hand from his grip.  I walked back to my throne looking over my shoulder at the prince's retreating figure.  He was acting nicely towards me.

                He was walking back to Angelica and Estelle.  I rolled my eyes at him.  I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. 

                Dancing wasn’t my thing; it was more of Angelica and Estelle’s.  Penny was sitting on her throne as I sat next to her.

                “I hate these things,” she said.  Her arms were crossed and her eyes were fiery.  I only saw this expression once, when Father announced that the walls were being built around the palace.