Confused...

So hey guys. You might realize that I will post a lot of my own drama on here, and it's only cuz I need to vent. So. Today, I'm very confused.
So, there's this guy in summer school that's a year older than me. I like him, but I'm pretty dang sure he'll never like me back. I mean, we are very similar in style and taste in music, and we have had a few small conversations that went well, but I don't think it'd work. He is way out of my league.
Well, my friends know that I have this huge crush on him, and they think it's kind of funny. My one friend, she's really good friends with him, ever since summer school began and I pointed him out, since we all have the same classes all day. Well, she likes to embarrass me by talking about him when he's standing a foot away.
So, in these past couple of days, my crush got a bit more intense. I actually got to sit next to him for a few classes one day, and we had some good one-on-one talks. Nothing special. So I was feeling all giddy and I went to text my ex girlfriend (who I broke up with a month or so ago) who used to be friends with him. Well, she let me know that he has a girlfriend. I was bummed then. I told my bff about and she was like 'nah he's single' and then the next day at school ANOTHER person told me that he was not single and that my bff was talking crap. So now I am confused, and I want it straitened out.
I really like him.
So yeah.
Idk.
Star if you think it's confusing too. Comment what you think I should do.
Pm me cuz I'm bored.

Love you
Krissy