Bitten

This story is on another account. An account I forget the password and e-mail to. And come to think of it the user name too...

Got any ideas for a better title? Post suggestions below, Please! :D

____________________________________________________________________________

PREFACE.

             "Im going to get another drink," I slurred at Dean, my fellow party thrower and brother. Stumbling forward, I was about to tackle my way through the crowds of people who were dressed up in costumes. When they saw me though, they began to part like the red sea letting me through.

             Dean grabbed my arm. "Oh no you don't," he said. "I think you have had enough."

             Disagreeing with him I shook my head no. Dean looked at me with amused eyes, and picked me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

             "God sake Dean!" I shouted. "Put me the hell down! NOW!"

             Faintly I heard Dean tut. "No manners? I think your popularity is getting to your head lil sis."

             I stuck my chin out stubbonly and tried to cross my arms. "1) It is not, plus I can't help being the god damn schools 'IT' girl. 2) You are two minutes older than me. TWO!"

             "Still older," he says teasingly.

             Rolling my eyes, and feeling a bit more sober, I say. "Can you please put me down Dean?"

             I can almost see his mock thinking expression. Confirming my thoughs he hums, "Nope," he decided and popped the P.

             Frustrated, I sighed and pounded on his back. "PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN! NOW!"

I saw people look my way, and by the look in their eyes they thought I was acting bratty. The way they thought I was because of my two successful rich parents. I glared at them, and they turned away.

Dean made his way up the stairs, and put me down on one of the guest beds. We weren't at home, we were at a house we had brought. Our "Party" house. People would love to get pictures of our house, to post them over the internet or sell them to the newspapers. It has happened before, now we are almost paranoid.

             Okay, were paranoid.

             "Stay," he ordered me like a dog. "I will come get you in a bit. The party ends in," he looked at his watch and his brow creased in concentration as he tried to work out the time. "45 minutes.  Then I will get the guards to throw everyone out and I will come and get you. Okay?"

             It wasn't like I had any other choice. "Okay."

             He grinned triumphantly as he had won the war. "Okay. Stay." He gave me one last stern look and swiftly left the room.

            I found away out and I left.

            Although, I wish I hadn't.

______________________________________________________________________________

             Often had I wondered what would it have been like if I never left the house, and stumbled down the streets by myself.

             I wondered, did I want it do have been different? Never have been bitten?

             If I did though, I reminded myself, I never would have met him. Never would have found out the truth.

             Was it worth it? Going through all that pain...and suffering from the truth. Was it?

             I was sent away from my family, so I could gain control of myself so I could return home and to my friends and family; to my old life. 

             But my old life was so out of reach.