•Intro•

(The main character's basically Nightcrawler but not blue, a girl and has another mutation)

Hopes P.O.V

I can't recall how I survived 19 years with a past like mine and in a world like this however I have and today's the day I finally put my gift to use at Xavier's school for mutants.

As you probably have guessed by now I'm a mutant. I possess the ability to teleport and create fire, the only downside is my tail. Alike the Devils it's long and has a arrow point on the tip which gives me a bad reputation...

You're probably wondering how I ever got to this point well this is what happened.

-3 days prior-

"...And now ladies and gentlemen I present to you the wonderful the mysterious, NIGHTCRAWLER!" screeched the circus ringleader. Yes that's right after I used my powers to try and break into the most heavily guarded prison in the world and free some innocent mutants, they then decided rather than to kill me it would be of greater punishment to force me to fight in a circus.

I teleported into the stand in the centre on the arena and grew balls of fire in my hands. The crowds cheered wildly as I awaited my competitor. As they entered I turned around to a little old man hobble into the arena.

At first I was confused but I guess it's just going to be a easy day for me. The deal I have with the circus is I have to kill 1 mutant or non-mutant in a fight per day infront of an audience to remain alive. If I loose then I die, if it's a draw I get shot and if I win I'll mentally die for at least another 24 hours.

The old man stumbles onto the stage surrounded by a fence and prepares to fight.

"Let the fight COMMENCE!" Screened the ringleader as he sat down on his chair.

Without hesitation I teleported onto the mans back and wrapped my tail around his neck squeezing tighter.  Unexpectedly the man flung me over so I was laying on the floor. The audience gasped in shock. I looked at the man as he leaned down and whispered in my ear. "It's me..." And looked up to meet my gaze once again however his eyes were different this time, a vibrant yellow colour?

"Mystique?!" I whispered shocked.

"Shhh!" She said pulling me violently up by my arm and flinging me against the fence. "When I say go I'm going to need you to pull that rope" she whispered trying to conceal the fact we were talking rather that fighting. She signalled towards a rope in the middle of the arena which keeps the tent like roof up.

"We'll be killed!" I say while teleporting behind her and kicking her to the floor. I crouch over her and start to make fire in my hands making it look like I intend to kill her, well him in this form. "Not if when you do so you teleport us out of here!" She said kicking me off her and jumping up beside me.

Usually I couldn't escape because I was kept in a cage or fencing which has a force which won't allow me to get out but once I pull the rope and the ceiling caves in the fence will disable!

"Okay" I said sending fire carefully near her feet making the audience gasp in anticipation.

"One..." She said at the point I grabbed her arm with my tail and pushed her into the fence near the rope.

"Two..." I held onto her arm tight as in order to teleport both of us I needed to be making contact with her.

"Three!" She shouted, at this moment I pulled the rope with fire in my hands and it broke. Like she had said the tents ceiling started to collapse, people all around the arena started to scream and I saw the guards running towards us. 

"Ready?!" I yelled holding onto both her arms, "GO!" She said whilst changing into her natural blue form.

And with that we left, never to be seen by that god forsaken place again. And here I am now about to take my very first step into a different life, a better life!