"Uh, sorry man but I suggest you go. The damn woman said it herself and I'm not gonna leave if she's not happy with you here," the guy intervened on my behalf and I gave him a silent thank you.

Rick got angry when the guy interrupted though. "What? Who are you even? Don't tell me to move from my fiancé okay? Stick your damn nose out of our private business, what the hell?!"

"Hold up, your fiancé? We just heard her give a damn speech about how you shut move the hell away okay? I'm respecting her wishes, and maybe you should too."

I don't know what the guy said that was so wrong but Rick turned seriously angry and he shoved the guy whilst saying, "shut the hell up. I don't know who you think you are but I suggest you leave now with all your body pieces intact or you stay and you leave with a black eye and a bloody nose."

The guy fell backward but found his balance and stood back up, and held his hands up as though to surrender. "Okay, for her ex, you are 50 shades of damn crazy."

I laughed.

And then Rick punched him. I screamed. I heard a loud, sickening crack and couldn't breathe.

Then the guy stepped back, held his bleeding nose and grabbed hold of Rick's arms and punched him in the stomach thrice.

Rick winced and anger fuelling him, tackled the guy to the ground and punched him in the face. He wouldn't stop, and I screamed. I didn't know what to do and a female passer-by glanced at me with pity, and said "just ring the police, love," and quickly hurried past from the fight, so I did.

I quickly gave the details of where we were and the operator said not to worry, the police were on their way.

Then suddenly, the fight changed. The guy grabbed Rick's ankle and pushed so that Rick landed on the floor with a loud thud and he loomed over Rick's defeated body. I braced myself for the several punches that would be landed on my ex-lover's face but I didn't need to because Rick stepped back.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ray," he laughed, his bloody teeth showing as blood from his nose dripped into his mouth.

I stood near Rick and watched him; he was almost unconscious and I felt nothing. Did that make me a bad girlfriend? Probably not, he provoked Ray in the first place.

"Why didn't you hurt him?" I asked in fascination as Ray and I sat on a bench waiting for the police to arrive. "Oh, and I'm Aria. We didn't exactly meet in the best of situations."

"He's not worth it and if I did, then he most likely would've been unconscious and that would've looked bad? My story that he provoked me would've gone down the drain and I ain't doing time for a crime I didn't exactly commit." Ray explained and I was almost awe-struck by his intelligence and bravery.

"That's... Wow, that's something," was all I could say without embarrassing myself.

Then we had to deal with the people passing by as they glanced at Rick and then at us and it was hard work but it was something killed time as we still waited for the police. Eventually the sirens were distinct and were becoming louder and louder as each second pass and before I knew it two cops, one woman who was called Inspector Jones and one man called Inspector Pearce, and were questioning us. After I'd explained everything including our history and why I broke up and why I was in such a state, they nodded and thanked us.

"We're taking him in now for questioning but if you don't want to press charges just say the word, now thanks Ray and Aria." Inspector Pearce shook our hands and smiled warmly before handcuffing Rick and putting him in the car.

I looked at Ray and he looked back at me. I don't know what he was thinking but he looked deep in thought and quite tense.

"Wait!" he suddenly shouted to Inspector Jones who tapped Inspector Pearce. They both came to us.