Prologue - Lost Connection

"Well... This seems to be the last box.." Garroth mutters, looking at the brunette who helped him move. 

Travis and Dante had moved out a couple weeks ago, leaving it to be only Garroth and Laurance. Garroth was moving this day, leaving Laurance to move out the day after. Cadenza and Garroth would help Laurance with the move. Laurance places the last box in the trunk of Garroth's jeep, then walks over to the blonde himself. 

"I'll... Uh.. See you tomorrow." Laurance says awkwardly. 

"That we will..." Garroth replies. The two hug quickly, then Garroth gets in his car and drives off. 

Laurance walks into the now empty house. Memories flood back into Laurance's head. Back when they held the New Years party where Emmalyn and Kenmur kissed while Garroth was covered in feathers fighting Aphmau. Sprinkles' arrival. When Aphmau and the boys had done their fiction write-and-reads. And many more... 

"This is it.. I guess. The last night here, alone." Laurance mumbles to himself as he slides down the door, taking everything in.

The Next Day...

Once Cadenza and Garroth arrive, Laurance had already packed three boxes, "Ready to start working?" Cadenza questions. The blonde and brunette nod, then the three make their way into Laurance's room to start packing.

A Few Hours Later...

Laurance packs the last box into his green Honda. Cadenza has already left, leaving it to be Laurance and Garroth once again. The two look at each other awkwardly. 

"See you sometime..." Laurance says. 

"Yea..." Garroth mutters, not wanting to say goodbye.

Garroth takes a breath, then looks at the brunette that stands in front of him, "Don't think of this as goodbye, Garroth... Think of this as.. 'See you later'." Laurance tries to be optimistic to cheer his friend up. 

"Promise we won't loose contact, ok?" Garroth says. 

"We won't, I promise." Laurance promises.

But that wasn't a promise Laurance could keep.

****

A/N: Yay! The prologue is out! I'm so excited for this book, so I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for reading!

Song: I Write Screens Not Tragedies (Mashup) - Panic! At The Disco & Twenty One Pilots by Quentin Mashups

With all love,

~Car