Chapter 2

> Simon.

"So, do you think that you'll tell the fans?" Josh asked and I looked at him. We were sat across from each other as we ate the spaghetti we had cooked together. I thought about his words for a second.

"I honestly don't know yet." He nodded as he spun his fork around in his spaghetti, twirling some up and down his fork. I watched as he moved the fork into his mouth. I quickly looked away before he noticed I was staring.

I like Josh. Like, a lot, but I know that I can never tell him that I do. It would mess up our friendship. He's straight and had been his whole life. He's got a girlfriend -who is absolutely lovely- and seems to like the idea of staying with her.

"I wouldn't" Josh spoke, ripping me out of my trance. I looked back at him. "I mean, i'd wanna tell them at some point but I feel like a lot of people wouldn't be accepting and I honestly don't think i'd be ready for that amount of hate."

I nodded, thinking of his prediction. Sure, it was 2016, but there is still a lot of ignorant people in the world who don't understand that you don't have to be just like everyone else. I looked back at him to see he was now on his phone.

"No jokes?" He spoke and I raised my eyebrow at him, confused about what he meant. "I mean like, when we play GTA and we all make gay jokes? Are you alright with them being directed towards you and everything?"

He asked, staring intently at me. I nodded, breaking his gaze and looking away. "Yeah, that's fine. Just don't like..." I sighed, thinking of how to word it. "Don't constantly mention gay people and stuff, right?" I asked and he nodded, texting.

My phone buzzed and I glanced at it to see a message from the group chat.

daddy zrk messaged your group chat; sdmn

daddy zrk ; laaads no constant gay jokes anymore

zingu pingu ; k

moné ; :)

I looked up at Josh and smiled as he did a finger gun towards me.

bellend ; guys

lerone ; what jj

bellend ; we should have a celelelebratory party!

bog ; good idea!!

swagstar123 ; celebratory**

bellend ; stfu

swagstar123 ; :(

moné ; idk guys

bellend ; itll be fun i promise

 moné ; but im not out yet

bog ; we'll just say its just another party but we'll all know that its actually for u

daddy zrk ; cmon si itll be fun

moné ; fine :)

I looked back up at Josh who smiled towards me and I smiled back, my heart speeding up at his crinkled eyes. Maybe the party would be a good idea, it would at least take my mind off of Josh and maybe I could move on.