"The Idea"

Renee Simmons. Successful. Beautiful. The epitome of a modern woman.

Her life is the envy of a regular woman.

She holds the position as VP for Information and Technology for Global Tech,a leading information technology company.

At age 28, Renee is an orphan- she was raised only by her mother who passed away two years ago. Her mother who did everything to make sure she gets the proper education that she needed, and become successful and live a life that she has now.

If only she can see how she's become, she would've been proud of her.

Her life revolved around her work and home- she is very focused with her work and she doesn't have time for any social life. She doesn't have any friends- she made a wall between her and other people. She didn't want them to intrude in the life she carefully made for herself.

But one day, while alone in her own loft apartment- while drinking red wine- she remembers her mother all of a sudden, the grief of losing her started to hit her and the loneliness of being alone creeps inside her.

Then an idea came to her mind, I want to have my child, my own child, she thought.

She knew right then, she would like her own child- so that when she grows old she has someone- and she has someone to leave everything - her sweat and hardwork shouldn't be put to waste, someone- her own flesh and blood should at least have it.

Now the hard part is how....she can't be with a man...

She can't just adopt a child either.

It has to be her own- that's the only thing that makes it worth doing, if she is assured that the child will have her own blood flowing in her/his veins.

She started thinking about ways to do it.

It can't be an artificial insemination- that won't do.

She has to find a man. Someone who won't mind doing it.

But she has a lot of requirements. If she will do it right- she has to make sure the genes are good.

She started taking notes in her brain what things she should be looking for and how she will do it.

Suddenly, she felt excited for the first time in her life.

Suddenly she felt like her life has a new meaning to it.

The thought alone excites her- the idea that one day, she can hold her own flesh and blood.