"Why'd you save me?" I ignored my thoughts, continuing our conversation.

"We DreamMaires always have each other's backs." She grinned now, winking slightly. "I was assigned to, but nevertheless."

"Assigned to?"

"Yeah well, after all, you're our only hope, sweetheart."

Her endearments though.

"And weakness." I pointed out with my index finger.

"No, you're our strength to be precise." She raised one eyebrow, but didn't look at me as she steered the sleigh a bit to the right.

"How? Fyra would've just taken my spirit and bam, we would've lost the war. Apocalypse, just because of me."

She chuckled again. Okay, am I missing something really funny here?

"Sweetie, you have no idea. You're the only one who can defeat them. All you got to do is believe in yourself." She placed one of her hands on my chest, but on the right side. She was probably trying to keep it over my heart but girl, she got the anatomy dead wrong. What is with the believing in myself anyways? I'm tired of hearing it.

"Where was I, anyways?"

"That building was Sin. Seven chambers, seven sins."

"The irony-"

I was cut short as my tone changed to a scream. The sleigh jolted, almost making me topple over.

"Shittt!"

"Good lord!"

Me and Marjorie swore at the same time, though totally different things. She gave me a sneer, translating to 'mind your language'. "I told you to hold on, dear!" She preached, as she took control of the sleigh again. I peeped back and saw those tiny cloaked figures firing something at us.

"Marjorie, those things! They're shooting us!" I panicked, looking at her desperately.

"I know!" She muttered. She yanked the ropes again, sending the sleigh into a hyper mode. A big, rocky mountain towered over us, in all its glory. I thought that we would go around it, but Marjorie was hell bent on running into it.

"We're going to crash!" I wailed, pushing myself more into the seat.

"Or are we?" Marjorie smirked as all of a sudden, a wide hole opened up, in the middle of nowhere, blinding light gushing through. We zoomed right into it, with me shouting at the top of my voice.

Whoosh. Bang.

I tried hard to keep my balance but I ended up falling on the ground when the sleigh crash-landed onto the ground. What ground though?

I fluttered my eyes open in a daze, taking in my surroundings. Lush green, thick forests, clear water cut through the fresh lands. It was like a complete contrast to the place we just escaped from. As if answering my query, Marjorie beamed as she got off the sleigh,"Welcome to the Upper World."

Wow. There were these creatures, animals really, totally different than those on earth, but certainly cuter. I wanted to go and touch this hybrid between a bunny and a kitten. Trust me, not creepy at all.

Marjorie's sudden urgency halted me,"There's no time to waste now. We need to go! They're waiting for us!"

"What, who?"

"Scurry, girl!" She flailed her arms and rolled her eyes before speeding off.

"Marjorie, stop!"

For a fifty year old, she was unusually active.

"Marjorieeeeee!!! I can't keep up, slow down!"

She suddenly disappeared around the end.

"Mar-"

I shut my mouth as my eyes tried to adjust to the view.
__________________________________
Author's Note :

AHHHH! I'm so excited seeing the number of reads UD is getting! X) Thanks and kisses to each and everyone of you :* :')
So I was thinking Imma change the book cover and I've uploaded it up here in this chapter. Let me know if it's good?
This is my first book and I know it's not a spectacular one, but I've tried my best to give you the best. :) Obviously it won't win the Wattys 2016, but Imma give it a try.

So please do vote, it means so much more to me than just a virtual glowing star.

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️