Mutant Mall Mania

Start from the beginning

"I know right?!" I agreed with a smile.

---------

"Hey, guys. Can we get some slushees? I'm thirsty." Jubilee spoke tiredly. "And I wanna take a break."

"That I agree to. To the food court!" I said, pointing my finger like an adventurer to the food court. Everyone laughed and followed me to the food court

Jean ordered the slushees for us. We didn't have to rush, so we just grabbed a table and enjoyed our slushees. I scooped some of my strawberry slushee with a plastic spoon and chewed on the icy sweet treat.

The others were all sipping through the straws. Well, Kurt was actually slurping his.

Jubilee was checking out the screenings for Star Wars: Return of The Jedi.

"Okay, there's one at one, four, and seven but that is too late." Jubilee informed.

"We can just go to the one o'clock. That's fine." I stated. I turned to Kurt and saw that he had slurped almost all of his slushee fast.

"Kurt, I think you drank it too f--"

"Aah! Guys, something's wrong!" Kurt shouted, cutting me off and holding his head.

"It's called a brain freeze." Scott said, smiling.

"What?! I froze my brain?!" Kurt shouted frantically. I stifled a laugh.

"Yeah." Scott joked.

"No, Kurt. It's just a saying." Jean assured with a smile. Kurt started to calm down.

"Oh. That is good to hear." He sighed, rubbing his head.

"Alright, I think that's enough for you, Mister." I said, taking away Kurt's slushee. He nodded in agreement.

"Ja. It is."

---------

The others went to the record store while Kurt and I went into a Payless shoe store. He was always barefoot so I wanted to get him some shoes to at least make him feel comfortable when walking around.

Kurt looked at all the shoes in amazement. He and I looked down at his feet.

It only had two toes each and they were big.

"Maybe you're a size ten?" I pondered.

I looked to my left and saw a boy look at us, before giving Kurt a smile and a thumbs up.

Kurt looked at his hand and gave the boy a thumbs up with a smile as well, his fangs showing.

The boy made a funny look of disgust in a joking way.

I stifled a laugh while Kurt quickly put his hand down.

A half an hour later and the Payless employee couldn't find any shoes for Kurt his size.

He comforted Kurt by patting his shoulder before walking away.

"Hey if basketball players can have shoes, then you can have them too. We just gotta keep looking!" I told Kurt, trying to lighten the mood. He gave a half-smile and a shrug.