five

Around 1:40, I text my friend Addison, asking if she wanted to go to the diner. Since I couldn't drive and didn't have Harrys number, I needed a ride- and I wanted to see her. I look in the mirror at my tired, green eyes and mess with my hair before turning around to look at my outfit- light wash mom jeans, a white loose fitting shirt, and an oversized green cardigan.

"This place has so many old people." I whisper to her as we walk in. She nods in agreement as we walk over to a table.

"Hello, I'm Harry I'll be your waiter for today. Can I start off with a drink?" He asks us with an overly happy voice.

"Water." I say while showing off a grin to him.

"Sweet tea."

"Okay, those will be out soon." He says as he walks off. He looks over his shoulder for a second to smirk at me.

"You have a crush on him, don't you?" Addison smirks and raises an eyebrows. I kick her from under the table and shush her.

"I would never." I whisper yell.

"I know you like him." She giggles and starts taunting me.

"Here's your drinks." He says right after Addison's teasing. My face turns pink as he smirks down at me and moves his toothpick around. He gets closer to me whisper. "Here's your water, princess."

"Thanks." I mumble as I look over to Addison.

"Know what you're ordering yet?" He asks us, taking out his notepad and pen.

"I'll have a salad." Addison orders.

"I'll have the classic burger, nothing but cheese and ketchup please." I say as I close my menu.

"Won't be too long." He tells us. Being childish, Addison and I try not to laugh. We nod our heads as he walks away.

"Addison, you're an ass."

"It's so obvious, Di. You should just ask him to hang out sometime." She shrugs like it's not a big deal.

"I don't like him."

"But, you blush every time you see him." She argues back.

"It's hot in here." I lie.

"Di, its forty degrees outside."

"I got sunburnt." I lie again.

"With what sun?"

"I just don't like him." I undoubtably do, but I don't want to. I don't like relationships when we're this young. It's bound to end. I could understand twenty four, but eighteen or twenty? No.

We sit in silence until Harry comes back with our food.

"Here you go." He mumbles as he puts our food down.

"I didn't order any cake." I say confused.

"I know." He simply states, then walks off.

"Whipped." Addison mutters.

After we eat, Addison pays for her food. I tell her to leave without me because I have to talk to Harry. She raises her eyebrows up and down at me, making me roll my eyes. When I see Harry wiping down a table.

"I was wondering if you could take me to pick up my car later."

"Yeah, sure. Can you wait, like, twenty five minutes? My shift is almost over." He says, the toothpick moving with every word he says.

"Yeah. Can I just sit at the bar?"

"Yeah, I'll be right over there." I walk over to the bar and sit at the far end. Harry comes over in less than thirty seconds to stand in front of me.

"So, how'd you sleep, Princess Diana?" He asks me as he puts his chin in the palm of his hand.

"I slept alright." I shrug. "You?"

"Didn't get much."

"I woke up after I heard noises behind the wall beside me." I groan. "I have a couple living right next to me."

"Yikes." I smile. We talk for a while until Harrys shift was over. We walk out, together, to his car. He opens my door for me, then goes to his side to open his. We drive in silence to my car.

"Thank you." I say as we arrive.

"Wait- um, do you, uh, wanna hang out tonight?" He scratches his neck. "I don't have a match tonight, and I want something to do night." He shrugs.

"Okay." I grin. "We can go to abandoned park up the road if you'd like?"

"Okay." He smiles a little. "Wanna do eight?"

"Yeah, okay. I'll meet you there." I nod. "Thanks for dropping me off."

"No problem." I nod, then walk off to my car.

\\\