Chapter 1

Hi this is my first try writing romance , I'm trying really hard and it will get better I promise!!Please give it a go.;)   Alexa xxx

I woke up to by Winnie the Pooh alarm clock ringing next to me. I let out a tired groan ,rubbing my eyes and sitting up in bed. Today was the first day of my new school and my head was pounding and my hands were close to shaking I was so nervous. Ever since my parents got divorced my life had just gone in a downwards spiral, my mum had to go to work more often just to cover the bills as my dad stopped contributing to anything and then my mum told me we had to move because she got a new job which paid more. I had always been a daddy's girl and it broke my heart how he just left me and mum not even once calling me to see how I was. Ever since the divorce my mum had basically been ignoring me saying how I look to much like my dad as I have his bright blue eyes and light brown hair, whereas she has blonde hair and brown eyes. Sighing once more I pulled myself out of bed, slipping my feet into my bunny slippers. I had a shower washed my hair, it was short only just passing my shoulders.

I was petrified of change and the idea of everybody staring and whispering at me petrified me. I was labelled a nerd in my old school and have no doubt the same will happen in this new school. I'm hard working and get good grades and that seems to be enough for people to bully me, tease and make fun of me. But I want to be different in this school, I don't want to be cool, but is being normal really too much to ask? It seems that everybody I meet automatically knows there is something wrong with me. It's like everybody is water and I'm a rubber duck that can never really be part of normal life , everybody can see I don't belong and I never will. I pulled on my black jeans and a grey top that says "all things are delicately interconnected" and my white converse. I put on my thick rimmed ray bans and attempted to add some makeup on. Clutching a wet paper towel to my eye that I stabbed with the pointy mascara thing I went downstairs to get breakfast. On the kitchen counter was a not from my mum saying how she had gone to work and I needed to go to work and I have to walk. No apology or anything. Gasping I looked at the time, realising if I have to walk I have to leave now and miss breakfast or definitely be late. Cursing my bad luck I pick up my bag and sprint out of the door. Or at least I try to. Because of my lack of co-ordination I end up whilst opening the door managing to trip over my own feet resulting in me face planting the ground.  Clutching my head in my hands I crawl up, lock the door and step away from it and start walking down the driveway. That is until I hear chuckling from my left, turning around slowly I see and impossibly handsome man laughing at me.

He had thick Raven black hair the was cut a bit shorter at the sides then on top. He was tall, around 6'4 and had crystal clear green eyes that were so bright they almost seemed to glow, in short he looked like a god. And he was currently laughing at me. "Clumsy aren't you?"his voice was thick and made me drool a little. And then realising what he had said I turned a darker shade of red.
"I'm not usually um that um clumsy." Lie. My hands nervously pulled at the thread of my shirt , he made me really nervous and fidgety. He just seemed so cool, and I honestly didn't want him to think I was stupid.
"Sure I totally didn't just see you trip over your own feet." He said with a smirk.
"Well um I um..."
"Do you need a ride?" He said titling his head up questioning, his boyish smirk still in place. I was frozen to the spot , he was so handsome with his tight fitting polo neck , boots and black jeans and-
"Hello, anybody home?" He said looking at me as if I was crazy. Brilliant. Well done Josephine you successfully managed to look like an idiot.
"Sorry what did you say?" My face was now scarlet and my hands sweating at having to make him repeat the question.
"I asked if you wanted a ride, but you were to busy checking me out."
"I was not! How could I possibly find a meagre mortal like you attractive!" Lie.
"Hmmm, sure. Anyway do you need a ride or not babe?" I spluttered at him calling me babe.
"I'm not you "babe" and I don't need a ride thank you very much, I'm walking!" Feeling very proud of myself I started walking away when I heard a cough, twirling around , "what do you want now ?!"
"Darling I just wanted to inform you that school starts in 6 minutes, you will be late if you walk but the offer still stands of a ride if you want it,"he said looking at me intently. Crackers, I really didn't want to ride with him but even the idea of being late was so repulsive I defeatedly replied "fine, but only because I have to you mortal!" He just chuckled at me , opening the door for me.
"Whatever you say pumpkin." I groaned in frustration, this boy would be the death of me.

Hey guys, how was it? Please comment so I can get better! Love you all!;)-Alexa xxxx