Chapter II .*. The Remembrance of the Night the Heartless Attacked

Chapter II .*. The Remembrance of the Night the Heartless Attacked < Alexis's View

I explained to them about the strange dreams I've been having recently for the past weeks, how I haven't been feeling the same lately, and also about the mysterious shadows that I've been seeing lurking around everywhere I go. "Well does it look like a persons' shadow?" Asks Pence. I think about that and picture the shadow in my mind. "Actually, to think about that, it really does appear to look as if it were a persons' shadow." I reply. "Well then, if that's true, why would a person be following you?" Wonders Olette. I think about that as well. "I mean, we're practically the only people here besides the House of the Elderly and our former mayor after the night the heartless attacked Twilight Town ..." Adds Olette.

We're all silent for a long period. Remembering that night was like someone stabbing you with a thousand knifes stimultaniously. It was so heartstopping where some of the nurses has to use a diphibulator on Olette to make her heart start again.(That was the time I was talking about when Pence brought her there and acted intelligent for once). If it wasn't for Pence carrying her to the section where nurses were working on the wounded at what's now the House of the Elderly, Olette may not have been here today. Maybe that's why she sees so much in Pence. Even though it's painful to remember, I can still force myself to go back to the memory of that dreadful night that changed all of our lifes forever;

It was six months, three days ago, and about ten hours ago in June at around 10:00 p.m.

I have never seen the sky so dark ever in my whole fourteen years of youth that the lamposts that dot our neighborhood couldn't give up a shred of light because of the darkness being "so thick". My mother and father were very concerned about how things looked outside. Hayner was at my house then and just came back to pick up his things that he needed to have so he can sleepover. My parents hurried him into the house. I can understand why because we all knew right away that something wasn't right and it was going to get worse. We tried not to set our minds into the lurking danger ahead and watched a frightening scary movie (yeah I know. Out of all the great times to watch a scary movie I picked now). All of a sudden, the danger had just begun after we heard an echoeing crash coming from the roof.

BOOM!!! That's when it happened. We both jumped up from the couch and looked out the big window in the living room. There was dark objects crashing down from the sky like meteors crashing down from above. We saw these glowing objects in the shape of a heart floating to the darkening sky. Then a moon, in the shape of a heart, starts to form in the sky. It was so.. beautiful.. in a way that grasped my gaze and held my sight onto it until-- "You children need to go, NOW!" My father ordered. He was holding my mother, who looked practically dead in her arms. I couldn't tell what was wrong with her. It appeared to look as if she's still breathing.. but something else was wrong.. "NOW!! You and Hayner need to get out of here before it's too late!!" My father ordered. "But why? What's going on?" I commanded. It looked as if something had grabbed him from behind. He lets out a whince of pain and throws the last words he can manage to fall out of himself, "The heartless.. go.. to late..." "Heartless?" Both Hayner and I spurt out. Then that's when I figured it out. "NO! FATHER!! LOOK OUT--" Witnessing what we had to see was everything you needed to see to understand what a heartless is. A mindless being collecting hearts; no, STEALING hearts. I was holding the invisible space that once held my father's hand until Hayner grabs a hold of my hand and yells to me, "C'mon! We need to go now!" I have no choice but to do so.

While we escape my scarce home my mind kept replaying what just occured moments ago; both of my parents dropping to the ground, the heartless surrounding them engulfs them in darkness, and how I felt my the last of my father slip away from my grasp. We make it out of our neighborhood until we see the real disaster that waited for us outside beyond our neighborhood.