birthday

You wake up in the happiest mood. Today is all about you. You only get one day a year that is all to you. You should spend it just like you want.
You turn to your side and your boyfriend isn't by your side. Maybe he's making you breakfast. You hop out of bed and head to the kitchen with a spring in your step. You can already smell eggs and bacon. You see Ethan sitting at the table with a plate of breakfast. He sees you and smiles.
"Morning." He smiles, taking a bite of his food.
"Did you make some for me?" You ask, your mood changing.
"No, I didn't think you would be awake for a while." He answers nonchalantly.
"Oh, I'll just have cereal then." You mumble.
You walk over to Ethan with your bowl of cereal.
"What are we going to do today?" You ask, hopeful that he had something planned.
"I was gonna go hang out with Gray." Ethan says.
"Oh." You answer, holding back your sadness.
"You can go hang out with your friends." He says, getting up to get ready.
"Oh, okay." You sit alone at the table.

You get ready and you're holding back tears. You hear Ethan leave without saying goodbye.
You wipe away the tears and leave the house to go to your friends.

You pull into your friends driveway still in tears. You let yourself in his/her house. He/she greets you and notices your tears.
"Y/n hey. What's that matter?" They pull you into a hug.
"Ethan forgot my birthday." You answer.
"No, he didn't. Maybe he's just been busy."
"No, he's with Grayson. He didn't even kiss me goodbye when he left." You whimper.
"Oh, honey. We will have a good time without him." Your friend tries to cheer you up.
The two of you end up having a fun day. You watch movies and bing on candy. You just have a lazy day with your best friend.

You decide to head home around five. You hug each other goodbye and he/she wishes you a happy birthday one more time.
You go home expecting Ethan not to be home. You open the door to see nothing.
You head up to your room and throw on your pajamas. You watch some Netflix.
Your phone rings and it's Ethan.
"Hey baby. Get ready, we are going out."
"Why?" You snap.
"Because it's your day and I have had something special planned all day." Ethan answers.
"You have had something planned all day?" You say angrily.
"Yes, baby girl. Now get ready. I love you." He answers.