~Chapter Eight~Yule Ball~

I woke up with Hermione shaking me, "Where were you last night?" I glared at her realizing that I was only wearing my underwear

I woke up with Hermione shaking me, "Where were you last night?" I glared at her realizing that I was only wearing my underwear. "I was with Cedric." Since it was Saturday I needed to get dressed. I walked up to my Chester draws and grabbed a sweater and jeans. I tied my hair into a braid and pulled my clothes on, not even bothering to put makeup on.

When I got to the Great Hall, all the girls in Gryffindor were giggling around Harry.

"What's wrong with them?" I asked Ron.

"Probably thinking that they are going to ask them to the ball." He said. I nodded in agreement.

"Jealous Bethany?" Harry said. I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Never in a million years, Potter. Remember? I have a boyfriend." I said. Ron looked at me eyes open wide. "You what? You, you have a boyfriend?" He asks me, stuttering. I looked over at Cedric's table and saw him eyeing me. "Yes?" I answered more of a question then an answer. "Who?" Ron questioned. Harry looked up and rolled his eyes. "Diggory." Harry spat. Ron looked at me and I nodded, with a smirk on my face.

After breakfast, I had to go to a gathering with the rest of the Gryffindor's, my mother told me something about a ball but I was never interested in it. I started paying attention when my mother started to explain what the Yule Ball is.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On the night of Christmas Eve, we and our guests are going to gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." Professor McGonagall continued on, "As representatives of the host school I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance." When my mother finished, everyone started to whisper and talk about this topic. Personally I really wanted to have something close to a "prom" as they call it in the muggle world. Plus I am very good at dancing. Mother yelled at everyone to be quiet since she wanted to teach everyone the waltz. She called on Ron to help her demonstrate. I could not help it but chuckle under my breath. 'Ron? Dancing? This is going to be fun.' I thought.

My mother is an amazing dancer, she taught me when I was little. I also loved to dance; it helped to me relax. Mother called everyone to get on their feet; I got up ready for what is coming. Not one boy moved. Harry walked up to me and extended his arm.

"May I have this dance?" He asked. I nodded. He grabbed my waist and we started to dance. "Sorry, I am a bit bad this, but look at you. Perfect." He said, I could not help but giggle. "Mother taught me when I was younger." I told him. He was right, he was terrible, his feet kept missing the right movements and tripping over my feet. Mother came to me and pulled me away and set me in front of Ron. "My mother wants us to dance." I told him and extended my arm. Ron took it, and we started to dance. He was not that bad, I have to admit but it was still funny easy to see that he did not like this at all.

The next day, I was taking a walk around campus; I was wearing shorts and a tank top. A negative thing about being a werewolf is that you're always hot in temperature. It was cloudy, snowy and depressing but it was my weather. I was walking around, reading a muggle book when someone came behind me and grabbed my waist. I freaked out and was close of turning until I notice the eyes of someone I love. "Cedric, you frightened me. I was really into this book." He chuckled and mumbled a sorry. "What book?" He asked. "It's a muggle book, it is called Black Beauty. It's about a horse, beautiful story." I said. I looked at his perfect copper eyes and bronze hair, perfect cheekbones and full, kissable lips. "I need to ask you a question. "Do you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?" I looked at him, excitement glistening in my eyes. I was so happy that he had asked me. And so I decided to go. "Sure, it'll be fun." I stated and quickly kissing him on the lips. "Ok, I need to go to class, bye, love you and you look really hot. Perfect weather for you, cold weather for me." Cedric said and ran away.