Chapter 36 - Family bonds

Start from the beginning

My ears flattened against my skull as I looked away. I still didn't understand but... I could hardly imagine the bond between Marcus and I snapping. If what he said was true, then the bond between my siblings, me and my ... mother... was stronger than that.

I whined out my stress and felt Marcus rub over my head. "No words can describe a mother's tears Zayne. Let's just leave it at that." My mouth opened about to coplain but before I managed to let one whine slip from my lips, we heard a loud bang inside the house followed by a ferocious roar.

"What the hell-?" Marcus snapped, vaulting up instantly as he held me close. My heart thudded in my chest as the rest of the pack popped their heads up, confused, wary and curious all in one.

"What was that bang? "

"What's going on?"

I spotted Terrance and Logan wolfing out, gathering close to their mates and growling warningly, as if preparing for any kind of danger. Alpha Lee's voice cut through our distress, but it only served to make me even more confused.

"I told Quinton about Zayne, how we found him and what that pack did to him." His voice whispered through the link followed by another anguished howl. The doors barged open and I nearly wet myself as Quinton's large wolf came charging through, grinding to a halt in front of me.

There was a blurry of movements and suddenly I was firmly placed in between two massive paws, clawing at the floor as Quinton's wolf was insistently licking all over my fur. Whimpers and pained whines slipped from him while I squirmed, desperate to get away.

"Marcus!"

My mate simply chuckled in amusement but froze when my body started to freeze whenever Quinton's muzzle bumped into me. I could already hear a few wolves groan as Marcus bolted up and shoved Quinton off me.

By the time my dad's wolf skidded to a halt, I was already shifted back, shivering and panting on the spot. Marcus was leaning protectively over me while Quinton was snarling, snapping with his teeth.

One look at me as I whimpered, and the large wolf shifted back to reveal my fuming father. "You...You actually mated my boy? How dare you!" Marcus scoffed and rolled his eyes. "We are born mates. The decision whether or not we mate isn't up to you or me. It will always be Zayne's choice."

He looked down at me, smiling as Wyatt handed me a glass of water and a few pills, which I eagerly took. Now that my dad was calming down, there was no doubt he could scent my heat in the air.

Argh! This is so embarrassing!

Quinton started pacing, ignoring the fact that he was naked until someone threw a pair of pants at him. "What happened to Anton?"

"He's alive, awaiting execution."

The feral and dark look in Quinton's eyes as he slowly glared at my mate, had shivers running down my spine as I whimpered and hid my face. His words were garbled, warped as his wolf spoke through him, snarling and snapping with his teeth.

"He's mine. I want to kill that bastard myself, rules be damned." He added with a vicious sneer as Lee stepped up to protest. "What he did to my pup wasn't according to the rules either. A Rogue, slaying an Alpha to take its place? Forcing my mate in an arranged mating?! Torturing my pup for the simple fact that it is MINE?!"

I yelped as the small side table was thrown straight across the room, smashing into pieces. The sound seemed to break through, as my dad took a few deep and calming breaths before glancing up.

"Does Audrey know?"

Lee sighed deeply, scratching at his stubble. "I was hoping you would...inform her." Quinton growled lowly before disappearing in the hallway. My heart thudded against my chest as Marcus grabbed a hold of me and sighed deeply.