Chapter 1

“Will Miss Doom please report to the front office, will Miss Doom please report to the front office.” The voice in the front office blared from the speakers causing my “fellow” classmates to look up from their studies and wonder what exactly it was I did this time to get sent to the principal’s office. They had plenty of things to choose from. Recently I had started a food fight, drawn moustaches on the director’s photograph, and, most recently, I had stolen the school mascot and mounted its head on the flag pole. Unfortunately I was not present to see my “fellow” classmates’ reactions as I was currently in a janitor’s closet looking for bleach. I finally found it behind a mop and carefully fitted the monstrous canister into my backpack. Then I heaved my backpack onto my shoulder and opened the door, poking my head out to check that the coast was clear.

No one was in sight, so I stepped into the hallway and marched towards the office, eagerly anticipating Leonard and my exchange. The receptionist was glaring at me as I walked past towards Leonard’s office. She was a twenty something Paris Hilton wannabe with fake boobs and a personality to match. I strode into his office and plunked myself down on the chair facing him, throwing my backpack on the floor and putting my feet up on the principles polished mahogany desk.

Leonard Tate was a fifty something, overweight, fat, idiotic dumbass who was emotionally insecure about himself. He became a principle so that he could feel in control of something in his life. It’s very sad. He has this huge vein in his forehead that pulses when he’s angry. Right now it was pulsing violently. Seriously, it was going to burst and I was going to get blood all over my favorite boots. I took them off his desk, out of self-preservation, not respect, I lost respect for Leonard right around the same time I met him.

He tries to intimidate me, “You are in huge trouble young lady.”

“Good afternoon to you too Leonard, how’s your mother?” He also lives with his mother.

He pretends not to hear me, but the vein in his forehead beats even faster. I decide to play a game, how fast can I get that vein to pulse.

“Do you know why you are in trouble?” Still trying to scare me. Good luck with that.

I widen my eyes in mock innocence and say, “Me?” I put my hand to by chest, aghast, “Never!” The vein throbs faster.

“Do you see this?” He roars, slamming a bottle of spray paint on his desk, his face puce with anger. “We found this in your locker.”

I raise an eyebrow, “and…”

“My car is pink!” he squeals, I laugh, shoot me, he squealed. It’s funny. there are so many things I’ve done that are worse than this, but this is what pushed him over the edge.

“You have interesting taste.” He explodes.

“YOU INSOLENT LITTLE GIRL, I KNOW IT WAS YOU WHO DID THIS.” I stop smiling and narrow my eyes leaning forward across his desk looking him right in the eyes.

“And so what if I did, huh. What are you going to do about it?”

He splutters at a loss for words, I do have that effect on people.

“Nothing, because you know that I don’t give a s**t about you or your precious little school.”

“You’re suspended.” I smirk and stand up, shouldering my backpack. Just before his door slams behind me I hear him yell, “Indefinitely.” I give a low whistle. He must be pissed.

When I pass the secretary she’s staring out the window, practically drooling with longing. I guess I’m getting a ride from my cousin.

Sure enough there he is, leaning against a shiny black ’66 Mustang. He’s gorgeous, I mean he’s my cousin and calling him hot makes me gag, but it’s undeniable with his god-like looks and cocky grin, he’s the bad boy every girl wants but can never have. He opens my door, always the gentleman, before slipping into his own seat and pulling away from the school.