A Shocking Reunion

much to his delight i stick close to Victor as we walk through the huge house that I was shocked to find only housed his beta and his family as well as a few others who had yet to find mates yet while everyone else lived in smaller houses scattered around 

"so um Alpha Victor you said that your beta lives here with his family does that mean his mate?      

 I ask with a shy shaky voice choosing to call him Alpha mostly out of habit making him look at me with a smile and places his hand softly on my shoulder making me jump in surprise at the sudden action. 

"no need to be frightened little one and please call me Victor none of that Alpha bullshit cause to be honest having my mate call me Alpha is just plain weird"

I laugh as he makes a weird face as he shakes his head and playfully glares at me as he messes up my hair, it's strange I usually hate when people do that but when he does it just makes him cuter and me shyer.

"but no Chris doesn't have a mate yet he's only 26 so he should find her soon enough by family I meant his farther my dads old beta and his stepmother and a half-sister on the way"

"step mom? but I thought most cant move on once they lose their mates"

I ask a little confused even though I was rejected by my last mate and got a new Mate in Victor it's very rare but moving on after a mates death especially if that pair is bonded is unheard of

"I can answer that even though my dad loved my mom, married her and had me they were not mates. both were past the age that you usually find a mate and loved each other just like mates would. then my mom died in a rouge attack same with Victor's parents just not at the same time I was only two when it happened. it was the same for Nessa she lost her husband and daughter in the same year my dad found her half-dead didn't take long to see they were mates and married once she was healthy enough."

we turn to see Chris leaning on a wall watching us with a slightly cocky grin I shyly smile at him while hiding slightly behind Victor who only chuckles. Guess its gonna take time to get used to being around so many people again. While they talk I just stand there and remember my own parents and how they set me down one day after coming home in tears after kids made fun of me for my parents not being mates something they never hid from anyone, but kids are mean saying that they only got married cause my mom had me and then my mom telling me that her and my dad may not have been mates but that didn't mean they didn't love each other and me very much my dad told me that he had already asked my mom to marry him and two months later found out she was pregnant with me.

  i smile at the memory one of the last ones I had of all of us being happy together i snap out of my thoughts when we all hear a commotion in the next room Victor and Dylan look at each other before we open the door to what looks like a living room with a group of people around two people I cant see Chris runs over and hugs them while I go over to where I see Ben and hunter giving them both hugs 

"you guys ok?"

"yea after you left Chris and the others ended up overpowering us and took us here. man, you should have seen Devon when Alpha Kane brought you in passed out in just his shirt, he almost went after him until Ash stopped him."

Ben's little story bring a smile to my face especially when a blush comes over Devon's face as Ash the blonde that was in the room I woke up in. im happy he finally found his mate. I hug and congratulate him when I hear a small growl that has me rolling my eyes and tensing at the same time as a strong arm is placed around my waist. 

"hey sweetheart come over here I want you to meet some people."

I nod shyly as we walk over to the group of people once again staying close to Victors side but I still keep my head up and try to look like I dont want to run away but my confidence gets a small boost as he kisses my temple with a proud look in his eyes. all the confidence however goes out the window the moment we get close to the happy couple I barely even hear Victor's introduction 

"little one this is Chris's dad Scott knight he was Beta back when my dad was Alpha and this is his mate Va..."

"mom?"

I stare at the shocked woman, the very woman I cried over for years the one who I thought died when I was five then I run ignoring the yells of my mate and friends.

Ok, here it is another chap! this will be the last update for a bit guys cause I picked up hours at work so imma be busy I'm going to try to at least start on the next chapter on Monday or Tuesday but probably won't publish it till next Sunday