Chapter 1: First Meeting

Thirdy

I had just been a fan. Just one of her thousands. Sure, we go to the same school, both student-athletes, somewhat friends that had just never been properly introduced to one another. I had all the connections I needed to meet her, but I always chicken out at the last minute.

I was just sitting in our living room, scrolling through her feed, probably for the tenth time today, when..

Dani: You're stalking her again, aren't you?
Thirdy: Uy! Ano ba naman yan dani! Bigla bigla ka na naman sumusulpot.
Dani: Nako kuya. Kunyari ka pa. Iniiwasan mo lang yung tanong ko eh. Thirdy: Unang-una, nagulat talaga ako. At pangalawa, and so? Para namang di ka pa nasanay sakin.
Dani: Eh kasi naman, hanggang ngayon, di ko parin maintindihan kung bakit di mo pa siya nakakausap. Pwede mo naman bisitahin sa practice, o kaya kausapin pag nakakasalubong mo.
Thirdy: Yo-you know I can't do that dans...
Dani: And why?
Thirdy: Cause'... (..I'm scared. C'mon! Think of something else thirds!)
Dani: Cause' you're scared. I knew it. Lagi naman eh. But think of it kuya, atleast 5 minutes of being able to talk to her is better than stalking her feed all day. I repeat, ALL DAY.
Thirdy: Grabe ka naman sa all day. But... I'll think of it dans. I promise.

Dani nodded and was just up the stairs when she looked back at the living room and said,

Dani: Goodluck kuya. (You definitely need it.)

______________________________________

Bea

After that grueling training, the team and I are finally done for the day. We decided to treat ourselves for doing great this week. So, we went to Ally's All-Day. A breakfast place co-owned by kuya kiefer, ate alyssa, and some of their friends and co-athletes.

Staff: Good evening po mga ates!

Sabay-sabay na binati kami ng staff. Madalas kami dito kaya syempre, kilala na kami dito. Besides, we're with one of the owners kaya. Haha!

Alyssa: The usual lang guys?
ALE: YES CAP!
Alyssa: Sure kayo? Di ba kayo nagsasawa? We have others pa naman. Besides, lahat naman dito masarap plus you'll be able to-
Mae: Sige na nga! Mapilit ka eh! (everyone laughs) Ikaw na bahala cap.

Ate aly went to order when we heard someone came through the door. My back was facing the door and I was too tired to even turn around ( Yes, I was THAT tired. ) so I just waited for my teamates to say who it was and so they did...

ALE (except Bea): Kuya kief! Thirdy! Hiii!
Kiefer: Hi guys! Just came to check in. (smiles)
Amy: Come! Join us!
Therese: Kuya kief, come here. Tabi na kayo ni ate ly. (smiles wickedly)
ALE: Yieeee! HAHAHAHA!
Jia: Thirds! Diyan ka na sa tabi ni bea.
Thirdy looked like he hesitated at first but he eventually sat beside me. After, I looked at my teamates and they were all staring at us. I gathered my eyebrows to kind of ask them what's the problem. And then ponggay said..

Ponggay: Alam niyo...
...

ALE except Bea : Bagay kayo.

Which led to an even louder "YIEEEEEE" followed by mild screaming, laughter, and teasing. Thirdy and I just looked dumbfounded. But thankfully, it stopped when ate ly came with our orders.

Alyssa: Oy oy oy! Tama na yan. Kain na tayo...

I was just about to thank her when she spoke again.

Alyssa: Pero... Tama sila. (everyone looked at ate ly) Bagay nga kayo.

Which led to the LOUDEST scream we've heard this evening. They were no customers already so we had the place to ourselves... Unfortunately.

ALE: SABI NAMIN SAYO EH!! HAHAHAHA!!
Kiefer: Oh tama na, tama na. Kain na tayo. (laughs) Pero alam niyo.. Bagay nga- Joke lang! Kain na tayo! (everyone laughs)

And so we finally did.

Afterwards, it was time to head back to the dorm. Kuya kief said he'd be the one to drive ate ly back there with thirdy. The rest of us, conyo. I was about to open the door when someone touched my hand, (author's note: whew! That was fast. Joke 😂 ) and made me face the person. It was thirdy.

Thirdy: Oh sorry, (he let go of bea's hand) ummm ah, I-I just w-wanted to tell you something. Umm,
Bea: Sure! What is it? (smiles)
Thirdy: (..God you're so pretty.) Oh, forget about it! Ingat kayo! Bye!

And he ran towards kuya kiefer's car and got in quickly, and they drove off. All that happened before it had even sunk in in me what just happened. I must be standing there for too long now when jia called from inside the car..

Jia: Hey bae! Okay ka lang? Hop in na! I'm tired.

I immediately got in and we headed back.

Bea: ( Whew. That was weird. )