nineteen.

CHAPTER NINETEEN ,

⠀As her head was lowered, the man couldn't help but take notice of the silver tendrils sprouting from the wound on the back of her head. The hole there that was messy and discoloured. Like anyone else who actually saw it, all he had was curiosity.

⠀Not only for the wound, but for her.

⠀Nobody uttered her name, they only called her "six". Yet nobody had any idea why they called her that, why the people running this place called her that number.

⠀With a swift command by the person behind him, he carried on with his work.

⠀The man took his shining scalpel, and pierced the skin right between her breasts. Blood slowly spilled as he trailed it down to her navel, cutting her open harshly. He extended the cutting towards her shoulders, creating a mangled "y" in her flesh.

⠀Her skin was stark white, paired with her deep and smoky eyes made her ghostly. Looking at her automatically struck fear in you, as if your brain uttered an official warning that came with looking at Six.

⠀Six was five foot four, brown hair, grey eyes, under a hundred pounds and deathly pale. Her hands looked like crooked branches, splaying beside her with discoloured knuckles and cracked fingertips.

⠀She was, for lack of a better word, probably dying.

⠀Her body looked like it had given up completely.

⠀The man, who caught himself staring at her for too long sometimes, stuck a piece of metal between her ribs and started to wrench her bones open.

⠀She was a show, her organs were black like a dead persons. But the man saw Six's lungs inflating and deflating at a steady pace.

⠀She was dead, but somehow still living.

⠀" позвоните мне , когда вы найдете что-то полезное ." The man behind him spoke, then turned to leave through the door.

⠀The man still looking at Six shuddered at what she had to offer, and he took a finger to trail along her collarbone and just underneath her jaw. His hand went down her shoulders, to her hands but he stopped, because he was suddenly disgusted.

⠀He poked and prodded at her organs and skin for hours, coming up with nothing that explained how she was still breathing.

⠀He used to think she was queen-like, beautiful and ethereal.

⠀Now all he saw were her black insides. The hole at the back of her head.

⠀He was utterly disgusted at her.

⠀He found his hands wandering more, though, to places she never gave permission for. To places that people should be disgusted at him for.

⠀When he found nothing useful, nothing more extensive research would have to unfold, he stitched her back up lazily.

⠀The transparent plastic stitches stuck out of her, coiling in her skin tightly and losely at different points.

⠀He violated her. Whilst she was still breathing but could do nothing about it.

⠀" ты лучше," he said. "Вы прекрасны."

⠀He wheeled her back into the metal morgue, her muscles shivered frantically in the casing. The darkness in there being the only thing she knew when she woke up.

⠀She felt like she couldn't breathe, and the only thing that got her through it, was that when they had sent someone after her, someone that never seemed to stop, when she had ripped the mask away from his face...

⠀It was Bucky's.

_____