Chapter 2

I saw a breach of light shining in the corner of my eye, am I already dead? , what's happening is God taking my life from me. Fear and confusion was circling my head . But gladly My eyes were starting to clear up and finally i regained my sight .I woke up seeing a light shining across my eyes. I just gazed at it thinking where Am i ? . Numbness and pain surrounded my whole body . I glanced my surrounding trying to recall what happened. To my surprise i saw some familiar faces like my mom and acting classmates , I tried signaling them and tried moving my hands, but sadly no reply at all . I was paralyzed neither can i move nor talk , my anxiety kicked in . as much as I wanted to say something My lips were sealed . I continued gazing in the light , thinking this is it , the end of my life . i am dying , my whole body was shaking from fear and my anxiety was taking over my mind . I closed my eyes and told my goodbyes the last time , during the moment of my last breath i felt the adrenaline rush through my veins, electricity and shock filled my entire body , my heart pumped fast by every minute that passed . I felt the oxygen entering my body once again . I knew that i was back , i guess it wasn't my time . I took the air that i lacked , closed my eyes once again and whispered to myself , Thank God im back . In that duration i rested and tried to regain all the energy i lost . And the last thing i knew i was back to my normal self and then again i felt the warm embrace of my mother who clenched my hand . As my condition stabilised my mother continued to clench my hand , she never left me throughout this traumatic experience. So i told myself its time to wake up, for my mom ,I've caused her enough pain .
I convinced myself to wake up and the next thing i knew i was awake i saw everything in front of me . Its just the power of the mind over the body . I gripped moms hands that signalled her i was awake . She glanced at me and seeing me awake made her feel relieved . a tear rushed down her face as she cupped my face . Telling me everything is going to be okay . She held my hand like she never held it before . Telling me i was going to be fine made me relieved and calm . But  i knew the feeling of being calm and relief will soon be over . Anyways mom rushed to call help from doctor and nurses , as they arrived they were pleased that i made it . Well this is it the end of the line , I was diagnosed with a heart disease . Mother explained to the doctor  that lately I've been feeling stressed and depressed especially with my acting classes on the sideline , Father died 4 months ago and i still cant get over it , father was a true hero not because that's what fathers are but because dad truly served in the military for months but sadly got shot 4 months ago right in the chest and it was too late . You may think that i have a depressing life given how my mom raised me by herself , I might die because of my heart disease and my fathers gone , well you may be right , I'm still figuring this out for me . The doctor saw our remorse so he gave us the space we needed.