three

> t a i s s a <

Sliding the purple beanie onto the top of her head, Taissa looked over at Isaac who was playing on his phone behind the front desk. He had a small smile plastered on his face as his thumbs hastily moved across the screen. Taissas heart fluttered in adoration just by looking at the man.

"I'm gonna go get some coffee at that new place next door. You want something?" she asked, fastening the buttons on her comfortable black jacket.

Gazing out the window, she unfortunately noticed how the white snow was melting into pools that were inconveniently placed all over the cracked sidewalk. She glanced down at her brand new pair of Converse and hoped that they wouldn't get destroyed.

"Um—yeah. I'll have a hot coffee with milk and sugar. Oh, and could you get another one for my friend, too? He's going to stop by. I'll pay you back."

"Okay... sure." Taissa sighed, trying to mask the disappointment in her voice.

She grabbed her purse, slung it along her torso, and made her way outside. Taissa tried not to let the fact that she wouldn't get any more alone time with Isaac bug her as she leaped over the puddles that were on the sidewalk. The new coffee shop wasn't that far from the bookstore, so she was there in less than two minutes. She would have gotten there sooner if she hadn't been playing around with the puddles. A sign above the door read 'Cup by Cup', clearly scribbled on with white paint. She peered in through the front windows, seeing a few people seeing at tables.

Taissa walked in and was instantly struck by the succulent scent of freshly baked goods and newly made coffee. The hum of an unfamiliar song lightly playing from speakers that were located all around the room filled her ears as she made her way to the front counter. Waiting for an employee to take her order, she surveyed the rest of the establishment. The walls were painted a dark gray and were covered in a plethora of various doodles, quotes, and signatures, all too much for Taissa's eyes to take in at once. Strings of lights dangled from the ceiling and windows which reminded her of her bedroom at home. She greatly enjoyed the mesmerizing decor and hoped that the coffee was full of flavor. If the food was good, this would be one of her new hangout locations.

"Hello, welcome to Cup by Cup, how may I help you?" a familiar voice spoke up, breaking her from looking around the cafe.

She faced towards where the voice came from and became face to face with Percy boy—Evan. 

 ~~~

sorry this is so short, i've had writers block and it took an hour for me just to write this lmao. hope you enjoy this small chapter, thank you to those few people who are actually reading this!