Chapter 6.

It was a Sunday. 

Probably the ugliest Sunday all year. The rain poured down and it didn't seem to get better. Sarah jumped in the puddles to the subway, with her red coat whirling around her. 

The wind took hold of her hair so she barely could see anything between the curls.

Inside the hospital, she was met by Mrs. Hill who quickly showed her into her office.

"It's been a rough night" she began. "Mr Dun has been completely cut off. No one managed to get close to him."

Sara went ice-cold inside, and the imagination bolted away. Horror Pictures showed up in her head and she was expecting the worst.

"He is in the emergency room right now, the situation isn't good. He took an overdose shortly after midnight, and then it just went downhill.

Sarah was so shocked that she didn't know what to say. All she knew was that she needed to see him, straight away!

"He left this for you" Mrs. Hill handed over a note.

"Thank you for helping me Sarah, he's gone now"

Suddelny it hit her. He was going to disappear. Whatever she did, he would always be determined to complete everything. She would never be able to save him.

She took the day off, and sat with him for several hours. He was connected to a respirator that kept him alive. She took his hand and hoped that he would squeeze it back, but nothing happened.

A few days passed without anything changing, and Sarah was forced to return to work. After all, her life didn't revolve around that man. Other patients came and went, but Sarah could think of nothing except what she feared most.

She heard him at night, she heard him crying and wishing that the voice would go away, and she wished there was another way.

It was already mid-March, most of the snow had melted and the sun appeared with increasing frequency. Although it was never quite sunny.

Sarah had just finished her lunch and went to visit Josh, but instead she found doctors who ran back and forth from the room. 

She panicked, but was also paralyzed. 

She stood and watched as they wheeled him out of the room, and hurried along the corridor. She stood there watching them while in her thoughts, she was beside him. She felt her heart burst inside, and she understood that it was too late.

The minutes passed, or if it was hours, she wasn't sure.

She waited outside the operating room, and finally the doctor came out. He shook his head and took off his mask.

"We did everything we could, but his body was almost completely gone. It was as if it had given up."

Sarah didn't listen anymore, she went out in the rain. She started walking along the street without goal, she just kept going.

She thought about how quickly Josh had become a part of her life, and how quickly it had changed.

She had found him, and then lost him.

She walked for a long, long time, and thought of all that had been. She was sure that there was a meaning to it, that it was fate.

It was an unusually rainy evening in Columbus, Ohio. Street lamps lit up the empty streets with their yellow-orange light. Not a living soul in sight. A cold wind set the trees in motion, otherwise all was still.

Yet suddenly, along the sidewalk, was a girl. Or maybe a woman, you couldn't see. Her face was obscured by the shadows, and she crouched as if she were cold, or was unhappy. Maybe both. She had long dark hair that was dripping from the rain, and a red coat. Her face was beautifully pale. Suddenly she stopped. She looked up at the sky, at the stars. It looked as if she smiled at them.

She dug in her pocket until she found a photo. She stood a long time and studied it, then she looked at the stars again, released the photo on to the wet ground and walked away.

She was so busy trying to save his life, that she didn't realized that it was he who had rescued her.

----

I'm so sorry guys I have a really bad habit of killing the characters :/ what did you think of the story?

Please rate and comment!

And also feel free to share it if you want :D

Bye fren <3