Enter Brian Kesinger's Writing Challenge

I would like to present to you, the highly skilled young writers of Wattpad the first sketched musing of a latest vision, one in which a most curious young woman regards a small dragon suspended in flight just before her artist's gaze...

Who is this girl with pen in hand and a mischievous light in her eyes? Is this winged vision a mere musing of her imagination or a corporeal creature in need of the capture of portraiture? Is he (or she) a visitor to the artist's world, or the art...

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Who is this girl with pen in hand and a mischievous light in her eyes? Is this winged vision a mere musing of her imagination or a corporeal creature in need of the capture of portraiture? Is he (or she) a visitor to the artist's world, or the artist's vision come to life on the page and now risen into the air? Is this magical being come as a genie to serve the artist – or a siren seeking to lure the artist into a dangerous adventure? Is this dragon's staff a mystical paintbrush or a bewitched vehicle for other-worldly transport? Or do these questions not even begin to hint at the astonishing details of the iconically depicted event as it actually transpired?

My new original artwork is not yet fully realized. I seek a collaborator from the community of creators of fantasy narratives currently conjuring alternative realities upon the digital plains of Wattpad. When the untold secret story of the girl and the fairy-dragon is finally revealed through the words of the ablest of Wattpad writer-magicians, I will be empowered to fully complete the illustration. This original story, in its combined narrative and visual form, will then be revealed to the world of readers and writers, and artists and dreamers.

Only you (or you and your best friend on Wattpad!) can finish this magical task with with me and let me complete this illustration.

The CHALLENGE:  Write a story based on the drawing above. Bring this magical narrative to life in a short story of no more than 2,500 words.

The PRIZE: A 45 min. Skype call with Brian to discuss story, character building, and the creative process.

HOW TO ENTER: Just post a link to your story in the comments section below. 

WHO CAN ENTER: ANYONE! But please make sure your story is in English.

DEADLINE for entries: July 5 at 11:59 pm GMT

Good luck!!