Chapter 16

I drove away furiously my speedometer increasing drastically. Driving fast always seemed to have an effect on me, it calmed me down. I let the loud music blasting through the speakers drown my thoughts out, the wind blowing through seemed like something rushing down my back which sent me shivers. I had no idea to where I was heading nor did I care much.

The surroundings appeared to be flying by and it's only when I slowed the car down that I realized that I was nowhere familiar. I looked around expecting a sign of some sort but there was nothing. It was already late and I didn't want to admit it but what was the use, I was at a total lost, in the figurative sense but also literally.

I parked next to the deserted fields you could find a bit everywhere in Oklahoma, I got my phone out but there was no signal. That just sucked, I got out of the car and walked around but still no signal. The roads were totally isolated and it didn't seem like any car would be going by anytime soon.

If I drove on any further or tried to find my way back home I was surely going to lose my way even more, so there was only one thing left to do.I stretched my seat as far back as it would go and got in, closed everywhere and put the heat up. I tucked my legs in and lay my head back down, before I even knew it, I was dozing off...

"Fi! No you can't leave me! You've got to wake up, stay with me my love!" a desperate voice was screaming in my ear,

My head felt as heavy as lead and as I tried opening my eyes, everywhere had gone a nasty shade of grey. Heat was radiating from my body, it wasn't the usual heat but a burning sensation took over my body like never before. It was all too much but I couldn't do anything. I could see the faint outline of a body hovering on top of me.

I fought to keep my eyes open but the energy it took me to continuously make the effort was too much to bear. I knew what was happening to me and I could feel that the battle was already lost in my case.

Whoever was gripping hold of me also must've known this because I felt my body being loosened and being softly deposited on the ground. I had to try harder to breathe and I let my eyes close. There was something soft against my lips then a soft thud and then it all went white...

Tap, tap, tap... I woke up with a start and had to flinch away when the flashing light hit me straight in the face. I rolled down the window slowly;

"Turn the damn light off!" I squealed still squinting through half shut eyes.

"Maam' you're on private property, I'm afraid you will have to follow us to the station, there have been complaints." said a deep voice,

I groaned in frustration and exhaustion. There was a deep chuckle and my heart nearly stopped, I forced my eyes open and was shocked to find Ryan's striking face staring back at me with a cocky smile on it.

"Open the door, it's freezing out here!" he told me pulling his arms around himself.

I did what he said and moved over to the passenger seat. He got in grinning at me,

"Why are you here?" I asked him rudely, i still hadn't forgiven him.

"Emma called me to ask if you were going to stay round mine and I told her that you had already left. She was so worried that I couldn't help asking if she wanted help finding you. She was about to call the cops then I told her that I would find you until morning and here, I did find you!" he finished patting my arm.

I pushed him off, "I'm tired I need rest."

"I brought some food for you; I guessed you had nothing to eat since you walked out on me."

That was so sweet of him but I would definitely not tell him that. As if on cue, my stomach grumbled craving for food. He chuckled and held out a box for me, I smiled at him gratefully,