Prologue

The music in the building traveled through, pleasing everyone's ears as they heard it. Barry ran up the stairs in haste, once again he was late. The clatter of his shoes seem to rang out louder than the building did, all he could hear from outside was muffled noise.

As he entered in the ballroom he was utterly entranced by the melodic noise that seemed to be dancing around him. His legs seemed to move on his own as if they were looking for the source. He stopped and stared up at the entrancing girl playing the piano and singing.

Her voice was smooth and seemed to be encouraging everyone to pay attention. The ballroom was quiet, no one dared to speak because they didn't want the beautiful piece to end.

But eventually it did.

She stood up and bowed as the entire place erupted into applause and whistles. But Barry couldn't seem to take his eyes off her. Her face was angelic, hell he would believe if she was a fallen angel if she told him. His eyes traveled down to her dress as she weaved past the people, the white dress with white accents seemed to catch the light beautifully and made it look like she was glowing.

His eyes trailed back up to her face and he dared to not look away. Her eyes were a vibrant blue, icy cold but ironically seemed to warm up the hearts of those around her.

She was talking to some gentleman, oh how he wished that was him. But hearing her laugh was just enough.

Melodic as her singing, the sound traveled and danced around him almost like it was taunting him.

Her eyes crinkled up with joy as she joked with him back she turned around to grab a glass of the bubbling liquid but as she turned back her eyes locked with his.

With a smile and a wink she broke contact, Barry feeling a jolt of confidence traveling through him and proceeded to walk towards her.

His action was interrupted by Harrison Wells walking up to the mic, preparing to make an announcement.

"Welcome ladies and gentleman today we celebrate the week before the particle accelerator turns on!" Harrison exclaimed throwing his hands in the air.

The crowd including Barry clapped with excitement as the world was about to be changed.

...

But they didn't know how.