"N....no" Scor didn't know what to say.

"Hmm....well I guess I'll be the first then" Albus smiled.

"Are you here alone? Don't you have friends?" Scor asked.

"I do, they just aren't going to be here for the first few weeks of school. Family trip" he informed Scor.

"Ah I see" was all he replied.

"So, what house are you in?" Albus tried to keep the conversation going. Scor looked at Dawn, who gave him an is this guy for real? look.

"Gryffindor..." Scor mumbled.

"No way! I know everyone in Gryffindor and I never noticed you" Albus informed him.

"I don't have many friends, and I keep to myself" Scor said quietly.

"Oh, well that's okay" Albus assured him.

"Albus! There you are!" A girl appeared in the doorway of the train car. She had curled brown hair down to her chest and tanned skin.

"Hi Dominique, this is Scorpius. Scor, this is Dominique Weasley" Albus introduced. Dominique waved.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. Hugo and Rose are waiting!" She giggled. Albus frowned slightly.

"Ah, okay. Maybe you should come with me Scor" he offered.

"I don't know" was all Scor responded. Albus yanked him to his feet, much to his surprise.

"Get your things Scorpius, I am going to break you out of this shell, even if it takes me all year" Albus said. "And that's a promise."

"No, it's okay Albus. I have a lot of catching up to do on things anyway, but you can go." Scor said.

"Are you sure?" Albus's worried eyes met Scor's blue ones.

"I'm sure. Go ahead" he said.

"Okay...well come eat with us tonight for dinner. I'll introduce you to everyone" Albus said.

"I might not eat tonight. I don't feel too well. But I'll try" Scor lied.

  "I hope to see you there Scorpius, you seem nice!" Dominique said cheerfully. With that, Albus and Dominique walked out of the train car and out of sight. For the rest of the trip, Scorpius found himself staring out the window. A single tear snaked its way across his face, and he slowly wiped it away.

***

The Dining Hall was abuzz with activity. Scorpius brushed his untucked, red button down shirt off slightly.

"Have to impress" he muttered. Ever since the Battle of Hogwarts, in which the castle had been mauled, mangled, and partially obliterated, there had been a few changes. The dorm buildings stood away from the school slightly, still on the grounds. Each was painted White or Black with the house symbol on the door. Additionally, since so many robes had gone up in flames thanks to the clumsy Neville Longbottom, students could wear button downs and slacks, or skirts. Anything flew, as long as it was appropriate. The robes were now only for formal wear.

"Oh, hey Scorpius!" Dominique's voice immediately called.

"Here we go" Scor muttered, walking up and smiling slightly as he sat down across from Albus.

"Hi" he chuckled. Scor only smiled in response.

"You look nice" he offered.

"Thanks" Albus said.