1. The Ride Home

Scorpius was worried. But then, that sentence seemed to describe his life perfectly. He was preparing to board the Hogwarts Express for the fifth time in his short 16 years of life, and he was worried. Many people would love going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, but not the Malfoy. No one in his family knew what was wrong with him, since he was a pureblood and a Malfoy, he should want nothing more. But he hated Hogwarts, and the reasons why all had names.

Cory Chang

Theseus Malfoy

And

Albus Potter

Cory was malicious to Scor, and it was because he knew. He knew that Scorpius liked Albus and used it against him every chance he got. The word faggot seemed to be a key part of Cory's vocabulary.

Theseus wasn't that much of a problem, Scorpius only mentioned him because he wasn't helping. His brother was a 7th year today, and completely ignorant of all his younger brother's problems. Scor was getting accustomed to this, no matter how much he didn't want to be.

"Have a good time my love," his mother said, hugging him. "Owl us as soon as you arrive"

"I will" Scorpius told her with a smile, dread mixing with excitement in his chest. It created the strangest feeling... As Theseus and Scor boarded the train, the older Malfoy tried to assure his younger brother.

  "It'll be okay Scor, this year'll be a good one" he assured. He smiled at him, before someone called his name. He walked over to his friends, laughing. Scor sighed, holding up Dawn in her cage. The tawny brown barn owl hooted at him sympathetically.

"At least I've got you" Scor sighed. Dawn hooted again, agreeing with him. He chuckled as he wove through the train, looking for a seat. He heard the whispers as he walked past several Ravenclaws.

"Isn't that the Malfoy? Why wasn't he sorted into Slytherin?" One whispered.

  "It's probably because his dad bribed the school to put him in Gryffindor" another whispered back. Now was one of those times in which Scor wished so badly he had a friend. He wished for someone to stand up for him, to tell those kids that he hadn't been placed in Gryffindor because of his parents. He'd been placed by sheer luck, though that's not what Scor would say about it. He thought of it as his own special brand of Hell, brought about by some terrible thing his family before him had done. No one in Gryffindor liked him, or even wanted to be around him. To them, Scorpius Malfoy was a freak. To himself, Scorpius Malfoy was a freak.

"Excuse me" a voice said. Scor had found a comfy seat near a window, and set Dawn next to him. She hooted in surprise as a young man entered the car.

"Yes?" Scorpius answered, not even bothering to look at them. Whoever it was, they would probably make some comment about him that Scor just didn't care to hear.

"Is that seat taken? The one with the owl in it" the voice asked. Scor turned, and suddenly his heart stopped. Standing in front of him was the child of the Boy Who Lived himself, Albus Severus Potter. His dark brown hair was a mess, but his blue grey eyes shine brightly.

"I...uh....its..." Scor couldn't speak.

"I could go somewhere else if you'd like" Albus offered.

"No!" Scor cried. "I-I mean no, no it's not taken" Dawn hooted something that sounded an awful lot like excuse you? Scor ignored it and set her cage on the seat across him. Albus sat down on the other side of the seat, smiling.

"I'm Albus" he said.

"Scorpius" he shook Albus's hand.

"Do your friends call you Scor?" Albus asked with a chuckle.