Her Marriage

"Jung! I didn't expect that you would actually come..." The man before me trailed at the end, both of us knowing that he shouldn't have said that.

Still, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me getting angry. Even if he stole the most precious thing I had ever had. 

"Really?" I questioned, trying to seem as clueless as possible. "Why is that?"

Ih-no scratched his head, trying to figure out what he could say without sounding rude. He didn't want to start a fight in his own wedding; Seol and In-ha would beat the hell out of him. "You never made things clear with Dog-fur," his eyes narrowed, remembering how hurt Dog-fur used to feel everytime she checked the unread e-mails.

Four years ago I thought that maybe we could start tolerating each other. Maybe even restore a piece of our friendship. I thought that he had no more things left to steal from me. 

I was so wrong.

"You never even answered to her e-mails, why?" Ih-no couldn't keep his mouth shut. Even though Jung's department was the reason he was with Seol now, he knew how important Jung used to be in Seol's life.

My smile wavered. I didn't reply and kept looking him in the eyes,  anger starting to build up. How could I reply when I learned she had long forgotten me? When she was with you while I tried to fix myself for her? When I arrived, ready to embrace her only to see her passionately kissing you?

He deserved to be punched in the face and all the beating he would ever receive in the lifetime. He deserved to have his head chewed off and lose any sort of charm that made Seol fall for such a scum. But not today. I can't ruin the happiest day of Seol's life.

Ih-no knew better than to fall for the fake facade Jung was putting off, but he continued anyway. In his mind, Jung deserved more than just a verbal attack, but he would settle with that for now. "She waited for you," his hand itched to punch Jung, remembering how he treated Seol, "for more than enough."

I gritted my teeth, trying to compose myself. It became hard to breath, let alone smile and the urge to beat him was becoming unbearable. Three whole years I was waiting for the perfect moment I could be with Seol again and dreaming a new beginning. Only for you to take away from me the last person left in my life.

"I waited as well, Ih-no," I said, still smiling like the idiot I am, just to lighten up the mood. When he is happy, she is happy. I can't risk that. "Go get your wife; she must feel lonely," immediately grabbing the chance to change the topic. If one more accusing word left his mouth, there would be no tomorrow for him.

There she was, Seol; the most breathtaking person at the moment. Standing in the centre of the room she looked at me with no emotion on her face.

Her eyes told another story, though. There is no way that I couldn't read those sharp and now cold eyes that had once gazed at me with so much love and adoration. Her now pained but still dazzling eyes were filled with shock and sadness. Guess she didn't expect I would come either.

I hope I couldn't read her feelings through her captivating eyes. Then I wouldn't realize that there wasn't any hint of love in them anymore. For me at least. Then, I could at least live with the illusion that she still had some feelings for me.

I'm an idiot. She felt nothing of me but I still wished that I could just grab her, kiss her in front of her dear Ih-no and fuck her so hard on the same floor she and Ih-no walked in kissing. I wish I could make her feel something for me. Anything.

The two middle-aged women in front of her, who were probably gushing at how perfect her wedding was, left, giving me the opportunity to glance for a couple of seconds at the rest of her body. I couldn't stare at her openly for too much anymore no matter how much I wanted to. So, I focused my attention on her eyes again, desperately searching for any hints of affection towards me.