CIA Runaways: Brother and Sister

So this is my first story, kind of nervous!. I hope you enjoy it! If there is anything wrong please tell me! All help is highly appretiated! Thanks 4 reading (:

~~~~~~~~

Chapter One:

                I could smell smoke; of course it was billowing in my face. I used my right hand to feel around me, get a good feel of my surroundings. All I felt was twisted metal and it was hot. I pulled my hand away and brought it to my face. I touched my forehead gingerly, I flinched. I looked at my fingers, there was dark liquid slowly running down my finger. Blood. I started shaking. Then I heard a groan near my left. My brain clicked on and I snapped to my reality again.

                I twisted my neck to the side even as pain knocked my head into a numb feeling. Aiden my older brother was looking at me. Blood ran down the side of his face. His icy blue eyes twisted in pain. He opened his mouth, “Air, are you okay?”

                I looked at him and I felt scolding tears roll down my face, “I don’t know Aiden, I feel okay but I think I may need help. What about you? Are you okay Aiden?”

                He shook his head, “No, I- I don’t think I’m okay. I can’t feel anything.”

                “Don’t talk. Okay? I’m going to get help for you. I’m going to help you like I always do. Okay, please Aiden, don’t leave. Not know, not like this.”

                He rolled his eyes, some of his original cockiness returning, “Don’t be dramatic Air. I’ll be fine. I promise.”

                I nodded. I saw that even though my door was jammed in I was untouched. I was able to climb out little by little. When I landed on the cold ground pain shot up my leg. I leaned forward and pulled up my pants, there with thick dark blood was a huge cut. And it looked extremely deep. I flinched and rolled down my jeans. I got up, using the car door for support. Aiden was watching me and he nodded. I grabbed my cell phone which ended up on the floor of my seat. There was only one bar and just a little bit of battery juice. Enough juice to make one call, I dialed 911.

                “Hello, this is 911 operative how may I help you today?” That annoying robotic-like voice rang through the cell speaker.

                “Hi, this is Airyna McAllen. My brother and I have been in an accident. He needs assistance. We’re at the southern Texas-New Mexico state lines. Jal, New Mexico, United States, road 18.”

                “Yes, ma’am, assistance will be with you right away.”

                I sighed, “Thanks.” I touched the END button on my phone. I’d worked hard for this phone, an iPhone 4 with top of the line working system. It took a lot out of my inheritance but it was worth it.

                “Airyna! Watch out, behind you!” Aiden’s scream pierced threw the cold air of the chilly November morning.

                I whirled around and caught whoever was after me off guard. I punched him in the stomach making him double over. Once he was over then I kick him so that he was down on the ground. I had badass fighting skills thanks to a big brother and two kick-ass parents. The guy was on his stomach, probably knock out. I turned him around to see his face; he looked no different from any other mid-forty years old. Except the only flaw was this dude was young.  He was like really, really, super duper young. I looked at Aiden who was wide eyed and tried to sitting up. I shook my head at him and he scowled. Let’s just say he did not like being told what to do.

                “Stay, I’m going to secure the area. You know the signal if anything happens. And if it doesn’t work, well just yell. Got it?”

                His scowl looked permanent, but he stayed put and didn’t move.

                I walked around of what I could. It wasn’t so much of a deserted road. A car or two passed once or twice. They gave no attention to my brother and I. A stupid little nagging voice started running it’s little mouth. ‘What if they’re after you again, Air? What if they finally figured it out? What if they know you’re all alone in a big, big world with only your big brother and a couple of family friends here in there? You know how they operate, but they know how to handle people who run away. Wait, it wasn’t your fault was it? No. It was Mom and Dad’s fault because they fell in love and they just had to leave and put their kids into a bunch of-‘

                Another voice decided to step in and I walked across the freezing ground as quietly and as quickly as possible. ‘Stop it! It isn’t Mom and Dad’s fault! It’s their fault. If it wasn’t for them Mom and Dad would still be alive. Instead of being dead, instead of being buried in Waco, Texas, they’re not here anymore and it’s their fault. Not Mom and Dad’s.

                A scream shattered my internal battle for blame. The anger that was just about to tip over fizzled.  I took off sprinting towards the direction I came from. In the back of my mind, I knew something was wrong. In my mind it said, 'They finally caught you.'