The Meeting

Chapter 1

"Snow! Snow?" I called into the woods. Where could she be? I thought to myself. "Red? Is that you?" Snow White whispered. I saw her peak out from behind a tree, with a confused expression on her face. "Red!" she exclaimed as she ran through the woods to me. My body filled with relief as I wrapped my arms around her.

I'm Red. Red Riding Hood. In Storybrooke, most people call me Ruby, but this story is in the magical world I came from. So, maybe I'm also a werewolf, otherwise known as the Big Bad Wolf, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. It just means I'm... Different.

Snow White is my best friend. Ever. Well, there's also Belle, but that's another story. We met in the woods, and got along pretty well ever since. She was there for me when my mother died and when I... Well, when something happened to my fiancé.

"I thought you were dead!" I stated. "You too!" Snow White sighed. "Any recent encounters with the Queen?" I asked her. Regina, Snow's evil stepmother, had been trying to get rid of her ever since she was a girl. "Several," she frowned.

"How's your... You know... Instincts?" she stumbled. "Good, I guess," I sighed. "Snow White!" we heard a guard shout. "Red, run!" Snow yelled.

She didn't have to tell me twice.

Chapter 2

I dashed away from her and the woods toward the river. I could hear Regina's army marching through the leaves and my own feet pounding on sticks and stones. "Seize her!" "Where did she go?" "That way!" My heart pounded in my chest as I dawned by the water.

I turned around to see if Snow had followed. "Snow? Are you there?" I called out. No one aswered. Soon, the sun was fading toward the west. Well, I guess I should make a shelter for the night, I thought to myself, hoping my Instincts didn't act up. I laid down some twigs and leaves, then laid down. As soon as my head hit the sticks, I was asleep. Or at least, I thought I was.

Chapter 3

"Aowwww," I yawned as I raised my head. I smiled sleepily as I thought of my dream. I was running through the woods, feeling free as a bird. As if nothing could stop me.

Then, I saw where I was. "Oh, no," I whispered. I wasn't on the leaves nor twigs. I wasn't by the stream. I was in the middle of the woods. "It wasn't a dream. It was real!" I shrieked. My heart pounded in my chest as I looked around. I didn't recognize anything. Except for the wolf prints that led up to where I was sleeping.

"Calm down, Red," I said. My head was throbbing with all the information. Just follow the wolf tracks back to the stream, I thought to myself. As I followed the tracks, I began to notice how long I had walked.

As I approached my camp, I hear a sound. A human. I ducked behind a tree but by then, it was too late. "Hey, you!" a male voice called. By then, my feet were already on the move.

Chapter 4

My legs didn't stop moving until I was far from there. I was silent and as swift as a deer. When I was almost to the other side of the woods, I tripped on a root and landed flat on my face. "Are you okay?" the voice asked. I flipped on my back and may have kicked him in the shins. "Owww!" he whined.

"What do you want?" I asked. I was ready to flee at any moment. "I saw you, and just wanted to know who you were," he grimaced in pain. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" I said. "Here, let me help you up." "NO! I mean, I'm fine," he stumbled. His reddish hair glistened in the morning light and his blue eyes almost smiled at me.

"Can I at least know your name?" I asked. "Grant Archange. Yours?" he smiled. "Most people call me Little Red Riding Hood, but I prefer Red," I stated.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Red," he teased. "So, can you help me up now?"