CHAPTER THREE.

Mulai dari awal

Besides, if it was my parents, they would have banged and shouted for me to open up the door. I still felt slightly bad for not opening the door when Mary was knocking, but I just wanted to be alone for a while.

I was knocked out off my thoughts, when hearing the sound of loud knocking on the door. I slowly sat up and inched closer towards it. The knocking was much more fierce and ungentle than Mary's. 

"Open up!" My mother's voice demanded, continuing to bang on the door. I took a deep breath, before twisting the door open and revealing my mother. Her hand was half-way up in the air, indicating she was getting ready to knock. I tore my eyes away from her and fixed them on the ground.

I felt her eyes scan me from head to toe, lingering on my face, definitely eyeing the bruises.

Here we go...

"Oh, Lea...your father, he just got out of hand." She explained his actions, trying to make up excuses for what he did. I nodded, staying silent and opened the door wider, letting her come in. She didn't hesitate. I noticed a blue bag in her hands, making my curiosity grow.

"Lea, you know he never meant to be so harsh - but what you did was disrespectful and you needed to learn." She muttered. I didn't say anything. 

"Now that's all cleared up. We have guests coming over tonight." Her tone suddenly went light and happy. She turned her back on me and began taking out the belongings from the bag and placing them on my bed. My eyes widened when they landed on the white dress Mary would always wear.  

The dress she wore when 'special guest' came over. Also known as the people my parents tried arranging a marriage for her.

"B-But...me?" I breathed in disbelief.

"Yes? Why not?" She said in slight confusion.

Please tell me this isn't happening.

I froze, watching as she picked up the dress and strode over to me, placing it over my chest as she scanned me from head to toe.

"This should do..." She mumbled to herself, judging the measurement.

"Go put this on, I'll be right back." She shoved the dress to my chest, before walking off and closing the door behind her. I stared down at the dress in my hands, taking a deep breath.

I did as my mother told me, stripping from my clothing until I was just in my underwear. I picked up the dress and quickly put it on. It was tight on the chest area, making my breast pop out slightly, but the rest was fine. I guess this dress was measured for Mary, since she always had a smaller chest than I did.

Could this really be happening?

The door opened without any warning, but it didn't matter, it was just my mother. She froze and eyed me from head to toe, a small smile breaking onto her lips.

"You remind me so much of myself." She gushed, placing her hand on my shoulder. I returned a smile, knowing that this would be a rare moment shared between us. By tomorrow she would go back to being her cold, heartless, self.

"Take a seat, I'm going to fix you up." She gently pushed me to the chair placed by my desk. I let her hands run through my hands, which were soon replaced by a brush and she gently began brushing out my tangles. She braided two strands of my hair, both left and right, clipping them at the back.

I silently watched as she squeezed some foundation on a small sponge, before brushing it over my cheeks. I hissed slightly from the pressure of her hand against my bruises.

"Ssh, Bambina. It will only take a few seconds." Her words seemed to calm me and she gently dabbed it onto my skin. 

"There," She whispered and handed me a mirror. I almost gasped at the reflection. My skin looked so clear and smooth, My hair was done beautifully...I almost looked like a princess. I shook my head at my childish thoughts.

"Get up." She motioned me to stand. I did, watching as a new emotion, neither of my parents had ever looked at me with, danced in her eyes.

Pride.

She held pride in her eyes as she looked over me.

"Do you know what's going to happen tonight?" She asked, truthfully scaring me. I shook my head, gulping slightly. A low sigh left her lips and she surprisingly took my hand in hers.

"Vanessa and her family are coming over to look at you." She told me. My jaw dropped open and I felt my pulse quicken.

"W-Why?" My voice cracked.

"Because...they want to arrange you and her son together." She said nonchalantly. I took a deep breath, slowly nodding, knowing I had no other option other than to go along with this.

"Okay," I whispered. My mother stared at me, before a small smile grew onto her lips. The sound of car doors opening and slamming, caught both our attention. 

"They're here" She softly said. I stayed still, letting my mind comprehend what was going on.

"Look, whatever they say, always answer positively and politely. And if they ask if you want to marry their son,  you know the answer." She told me, sharply. I nodded.

Of course I did. 

"Good, now let's get you in the kitchen. You'll be serving them some tea and snacks." She rushed out, dragging me down the stairs. We passed Mary who was standing on the staircase with a saddened expression. I tore my eyes away from her and followed my mother, inwardly hoping Mary would forgive me for ignoring her earlier. 

"Is she ready?" My father asked, completely ignoring me and focusing on my mother. She nodded in reply and quickly rushed me into the kitchen. I tried not to focus on my anxiety, hearing the door open and various voices following.

This really was happening.

•••••

(AN) Hey guys! I'm so mad right now, half of this chapter was deleted and I had to rewrite it! But fortunately, I remembered most of it. Anyways what did you guys think of the chapter? Tell me down below :) 

Comment AND Vote

BTW THAT'S HOW THE DRESS LOOKS: