Chapter 28:

Marinette's heart felt like it had just punched out of her chest. He said it. She was stunned and felt a great rush of joy. Her mind whizzed and her thoughts fumbled everywhere.

"I love you too," She smiled as her heart fluttered.

The four continued to stand and stare into the mesmerizing distance . Finally, they decided it was time to eat. They ventured back down the stairs and found a table for four.

"Hey dudes, what is this?" Nino asked pointing to a dish on the menu.

They all shrugged. The sophisticated restaurant was dimly lit, they could barely see. Each one of them ordered something completely random and had no idea what they were. They ended up accidentally ordering two desserts and two massive dishes. Obviously, they shared all the food. Nightfall had arrived and all the food was gone.

"Well that, that was interesting," Alya commented.

The four wandered out into the dark night, the chilly breeze lightly catching on their faces. They chattered and came upon a large plain field. Like a football field. Marinette spotted the sight and ran into it. She pranced in the field staring at the sky. They remaining three joined her. The sky was so vast and it was lit up with little stars and blotches of white light. Like the galaxies and the milky ways. The four danced and ran around each other while the cold night blew softly onto their cheeks.

Adrien finally gave in and plopped right in the middle of the field. He lied down and stared at the glowing sky. It was magical. Marinette joined him along with Nino and Alya. The four, head to head, stared, amazed at the black sky. The had seen two amazing views tonight: the Eiffel tower from a rooftop and the vast sky. Tonight was perfect. Marinette's and Adrien exchanged "I love you's", what could be more magical? The four reminisced about their lives together and talked about their aspirations in life.

"I want to become a journalist, like a blogger, like what I'm doing now, but better," Alya stated.

Marinette actually realized, she didn't know what she was going to do in life. Supposing her designing skills would get her somewhere, she didn't stress, plus being Ladybug was kind of her job anyway. Adrien though, he had no idea. One day the modeling would stop. Then what? He thought hard. The group dropped the topic and decided to call it a night. Nino took Alya and they headed their way whilst Adrien took Marinette. They stopped at her doorstep.

"Wasn't today just, purrrfect?" He flirted.

"Uh-huh," Marinette agreed.

"I should be going but, don't forget, I love you," He smiled.

"Wow, my biggest crush ever, Adrien, said I love you," She giggled.

"As many times as you want, I love you I love you I love you," He chuckled.

He pulled her in for a kiss and they stood embracing the moment.

"I love you," He whispered.

Marinette giggled. "Better get going kitty, don't want your father to get angry at me for keeping you for so long,"

"Aw, he wouldn't care," Adrien joked. "Bye, m'lady, LB, bugaboo,"

With that, he waved and left for home. Marinette stood and watched the figure disappear out of sight. She sighed deeply.

"Looks like someone's happy," Tikki giggled as she flew out of her hiding spot.

"You have no idea," Marinette laughed.

She headed inside to find her parents.

"Marinette, home so late?" Her mother asked.

"Oh, yeah, we went out for dinner," Marinette sheepishly giggled.

"With who?" Her father asked.

"With the usual, Alya, Nino... Adrien," She mumbled. "I'm really tired now so I'm gonna go to bed, goodnight!"

Quickly, she hurried up the stairs to her room. Her parents stared at her race up.

"Aw, our little girl is growing up," Her father whispered.

Marinette sunk into her chair and leaned on her arm as she gazed out the window.

"Wow, you've really got it all," Tikki laughed.

"If by all you mean Adrien, then yes. Yes, I have everything that I'll ever need." She smiled.

Adrien arrived home tired from the day's activities. He went to his bedroom and stood by the window, staring at the vast view.

"Ew, your lovesick stuff is making me sick," Plagg cringed. "Can you get any more gross?"

"Not any grosser than your camembert," Adrien smirked.

"Mm." Plagg responded throwing cheese into his mouth.

Adrien's dreamy thoughts were interrupted by a more intimidating thought. He just so suddenly remembered, his father was Hawkmoth. How could he have forgotten? How could they have forgotten? Adrien snuck upstairs to his father's study room. Gabriel Agreste was sitting there on staring at his laptop. Adrien took the chance and went to the living room to investigate the secret safe behind his mother's portrait. Plagg unlocked it and they took another look. There was nothing new. A Tibet map, the picture of his mother, nothing different. Tibet map? He thought. Why would a map of Tibet be in a safe, a secret safe? Cautiously, he grabbed it out. He inspected it. There was a large red circle drawn around the word Tibet. Did this have a connection to his mother?

Quickly, he put it back and headed to his room.

"Why would father have a map of Tibet?" He asked Plagg.

"I don't know, maybe he wants to go on holiday?" Plagg uselessly responded.

Adrien flopped onto his bed. He thought about Hawkmoth too. If Hawkmoth was really his father, he must have a secret lair hidden somewhere. It would make sense. The house was so big, Adrien wouldn't notice if there was an extra room.

"Ugh, this hurts my brain, I need cheese to power it," Plagg complained.

"If my mother's photo, a peacock miraculous, a Tibet map, and a book on superheroes is in a secret safe, what does that mean?" Adrien thought aloud.

He decided to call it a night and discuss the discoveries with Marinette tomorrow. He fell asleep thinking about the amazing night he had with her. I love you, echoed in his mind.