One.

Summary: A female gacha summoner is losing hope in a crucial moment while in the middle of battling Kilios and his minions. A jelly Cyko and a tomato Reddox are present. Takes place in the Xkour Skylines Arc.

Notes: This is my take on what happens behind the scenes.

MID-BATTLE

-0-

"Faster! BREAK THE BARRIER!" Kilios grins wickedly as he swipes madly at the summoner with his golden halberd with an almost impossible speed.

"AHH!" The female yelps as she dodges the halberd. It strikes down at the ground, lightning of various sizes flashing dangerously at her.

The gravity of the hugely heavy halberd and force of Kilios's strike formed a huge crack on the asphalt. Pieces of debris scattered and formed around them, each one getting tossed to the side.

Ducking, the female was ready to give up. Her blonde-haired enemy seemed so impossible to defeat. True to his word, his speed and force were not like any other. It seemed inhumane, and out of this world, 'which maked sense since they were inside a cyber world.

Ridden with hopelessness and despair, the gacha summoner was too ready to slump down with fatigue and exhaustion, her knees buckling around her. Kilios' minions did not help either, as they inflicted barrage among barrages of attacks against her weakened body.

Her adrenaline was still on high, but her body found it hard to keep up. Her mental energy level was also running low.

Barely dodging another heavy strike, she winces as the weapon cuts through her skin. It would have nearly shredded her to pieces, if it was not missing about an inch. A single lock of hair that was unfortunately sliced with the weapon slips down, midair. With terrified eyes, she looks with desperate eyes at her concerned unit, and breaks into a run.

Her eyes felt dangerously heavy, ready to slip shut any moment...

Cyko's body materialized in front of her, slipping her form into his arms as he carried her as securely as he could. Once they were a lot of good meters ahead of the blonde male, the cyan-haired male allowed himself to slow down a little, his feet skidding onto a stop. He could hear her heartbeat hammering against her tiny, fragile chest. Her vulnerable, pained look alone shattered his heart. Grabbing her shoulder worryingly, he forced her chin up and stared directly into her lovely irises.

"G-go..." he stuttered, his breathing somewhat harrowed and uneven. "I'll fin-n-nish them o-off..."

The summoner embraced him, feeling her comrade's back trembling over her form. When she let go, an undescribable feeling swept over Cyko's hooded eyes.

Eve also materialized, taking her place beside Cyko. Her golden eyes shone with determination.

"Don't worry; I trust you. All of us do!" She took both of my hands in hers and spread her wings. Floating in mid-air, she spoke in a soft voice, "I give you my blessing.

One by one, Kitsune Mitsuko and the others surrounded us, agreeing wholeheartedly with DJ Eve's statement. If you won't win, you can't prevent the other worlds' corruption! We can't have that, can we?" Fairy Ellie barked incessantly at her face.

Reaperess Magy smiled sweetly at her whilst hugging her waist, a smirk easily slipping into her lips.

"I'll spill their blood for you, okay?" she says with an easy grin. "All...of...it~"

The gacha summoner's heart glowed and sung with joy, emotions of warmth swirling around it. Tears prickled on the corners of her eyes. This was what it was like to have friends.

Meanwhile:

The fairy spotted Killer Reddox residing in one corner. Curious to why he wasn't joining their circle, she flitted towards him. If he had acknowledged her presence, he didn't show any sign of it.

"Hi Reddox. What'cha doin'?"

"Ignoring me now, huh? I thought we were good buddies here." She poked his cheek.

"Heeeeey." Having nothing else to say(and nothing else to do), she decided to use her one and only last resort.

"I know you have feelings for her. Our beloved gacha summoner, I mean." She whispered teasingly in his ear.

If possible, Reddox's pale face grew a bright shade of red, a blush adorning his features. Ellie snickered, looking sneaky for the most part. 'Wah, he looks completely different than before!' She exclaimed in her thoughts. 'I was just teasing him a little to see his reaction, though I admit I didn't expect this one!'

"G-go away. I'm not in the mood to entertain your silly assumptions." He grumbled incoherently under his breath. He made a shooing motion at her, shoving down his hood to cover his reddened face.

"Aww, come on. I won't tell!" She tried to approach him, but she stumbled back, letting out an 'Eep!' when he stared at her threateningly with a blood-red eye peeking underneath his hood.

"A-anyway!" She tried again, "She needs all our help and support in defeating Kilios. I-it's not fair if y-you don't get to pitch in!"

His head shot up a little at that, recognizing an opportunity to speak with her personally. He's not vocal about it, and didn't really care, but he would go under the guise of friendship if he had to. He was readily willing to be a pillar of emotional support to her.

He started to walk towards the group, but let out a tiny gasp of surprise when he felt slender arms wrap around him. He recognized it almost immediately.

"Oh Reddox!" He heard faint worry lacing the voice of its owner, the very object of his silent admiration. She clung on to him tightly.

"Where were you? Everyone was looking all over for you because they thought you went missing...I was so worried!"

A rush of blood rang in his ears. He could feel her heartbeat against his own. He allowed a small smile, ruby red eyes softening at her innocence. He patted her head in what he hoped to be a reassuring manner, and softly pried her fingers off his waist with his own calloused ones.

"I'm here," he awkwardly blurted out. He had to admit, he wasn't really good with females.

"You are one of my best fighters. I'd be a goner if it wasn't for you-" he inwardly smirked victoriously at this- "and the others. Come, let's go to the EXP event! When I level you all up and enhance your abilities, we'll finally beat him!"

He allowed himself to get dragged away by her, relishing the feeling of warmth as her soft hand latched on to his.

In the distance, cyan irises narrowed dangerously at the pair's linked hands, even more so at Reddox's subtly blissed expression. The owner of the glinting eyes sharpened his glowing blades, biting his lip.

"I don't like it. I don't like this at all."