The strangeler

When I was a little kid, me and my bestie Elle used to come up with the craziest of ideas. Or, mostly it was her ideas, but she was very bossy to me, so I couldn't say no to her. And because of that, we got into a lots of trouble. Especially once.

It all started when Elle came up with the idea that we would have a sleepover at her grandma's house to celebrate her birthday. She told me that the house was really old and it has been in her family for generations. She also told me about how beautiful the house was and how fun it would be to sleep there, but there was one thing she kept to herself. It wasn't really just a normal house. The house was haunted.

I woke up in Elle's grandmas car. The sun was shining through the windows and a smell of short cut grass and sea water reached my nose and gave me a wonderful feeling of harmony and happiness. Elle looked at me and said:

"Good morning Katie! You have been sleeping for hours!"

I nodded and looked out the window. I watched as the beautiful landscape faded away into a foggy rain.

"We're almost there now" Elle's grandma said.

"And remember: do NOT walk into the woods at nighttime!"

"Why?" I asked.

"B- Because you're not nocturnal animals!" She laugh nervously.

"No, seriously, don't do that. It can be dangerous."

"Yeah, whatever." Ella said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later we were at the parking lot by the house.

"Ok, girls! Let's bury your package to the guest room."

After some hours it was time to go to bed. Me and Elle was going to the guest room as I looked out of the window. It was pitch black. But then I saw it.
Out in the woods, behind a tree, I saw a light. I felt a chill down my spine as I watched the mysterious glowing object. Slowly the small light turned into a glowing boy that stared deep into my eyes. It felt like my hole body froze to ice for a moment.

"Hey, Katy, are you just going to stand there or can we keep moving?"

It was Elle. As fast as I heard her voice the glowing boy disappeared and left me with a horrible feeling. I looked at Elle and said:

"Uhm... Ok..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katy! Katy wake up!"

Slowly I opened my eyes as Elle started shaking me.

"What are you doing..." I sad and yawned.

"Let's take a little night trip."

"What? Where?"

"To the woods."

My heart froze for a moment as I said:

"Th- the w-woods?"

Ella laughed.

"Haha! Admit it! You're scared! And by the way, I don't care what you think. It's my birthday, so I'm in charge now. Let's go."

We carefully opened the door and walked out in the garden.

"Come here" Ella whispered.

We walked over the garden and when we where just in the outside of the forest, Ella stopped and said:

"Wait here."

Then she ran straight into the forest and disappeared. And that was when the strange feeling came back.

After about ten minutes I started to get really worried. And scared. I looked deeply into the forest for a chance to maybe spot her in there, between all the tall dark trees and shadows. And then I saw him. A boy. A glowing boy.

He stared at me as I just stood there, completely frozen of horror.

He smiled evilly and started to walk against me as he reached out his white arms to grab me. He got closer and closer. But suddenly, I heard:

"Hi Katie! Sorry for taking such a long time!"

I turned my head and saw who it was. It was Elle. I turned my head back to the boy, but he was gone.

"Let's go Katie! Don't just stand there! I'm freezing!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked back to the house. Everything was quiet except for Elle's deep breaths. I was sill shivering after the horrifying seen that Elle didn't know anything about.

Later we came back to our guest room and our beds. Elle fell asleep pretty fast,
but I stayed awake almost until the sunrise, because I was still horrified.

At breakfast I asked about boy, but didn't mention that I've seen him.

"Hmmm... Let me think..." Elle's grandma said.
"No, I haven't heard of any 'mysterious boy'..."

"Ok, it wasn't that important anyway."

I started to think that it might have been a dream, but then she said it.

"Oh, wait! Actually there lived a little boy here, long ago. But he died actually, or, people say he disappeared into the woods after he tried to strangle his sister. Horrible history actually."

I opened my eyes widely and whispered with my voice full of fear:

"H- he tried to strangle me..."