pure and tainted

P U R E   A N D   T A I N T E D

P U R E A N D T A I N T E D

"Look at me. For once in your entire life, look at me, and see the fangs in my smile. Because I was never soft like you thought. All this time, I was a wolf and you tried to imagine me as a sheep."
J.H., to be discovered

Immortality is a trifling thing. Some think it fun, beautiful and magical, but for girls like her, it is a cruel trick. This kind of magic, it comes with a bloody price, something two desperate mothers were willing to pay. And because of this, Aline Ashford has been a thousand girls, a thousand names with matching face, and has never thought immortality to be like this. She'd never made many friends in her long life, knowing that humans died like flies compared to her and mourning them would be another ache in her already breaking heart. She's luckier than most — her elder sister and cousin had been given similar curses, and she'd never truly been alone.

Bloodlust mixed with a wolf's skin and magic, she'd been as strange as they come. It'd been fun at first, living like queens and champions, but the adrenaline faded and left behind an emptiness she struggled to fill. She'd never known it'd hurt like this.

Losing family is one thing, but a soulmate? Aline had near ripped the world apart for her beloved Madelaine. She could not save her, and for that, she'd burn the world. She'd soaked the earth with so much blood for so many days, she'd been more monster than anything. Aline had screamed and cursed and clawed at her own skin. Nightmares haunted her mind and whispers begging for whatever cruel there were to end her now.

After those nights, when she'd caused blood to flow and ripped flesh with her teeth, Aline Ashford had been hidden herself for fifty years just so the world may never know her horror again. But now after all this time, she doesn't want to be the scared little girl she's always thought she's been. She doesn't want to be like that anymore 一 broken. So when Director Nicholas J. Fury turns up at her dance studio, she gets much more than she bargained for 一 a life of adventure, family, and a love to call her own.

 Fury turns up at her dance studio, she gets much more than she bargained for 一 a life of adventure, family, and a love to call her own